The Student Room Group

Switching deaneries

Has anyone here successfully swapped deaneries during their reg training? I have a job in London however the other half may be getting a job in Scotland which obviously complicates things. I understand there is a formal application to switch..are people usually successful?
Reply 1
anyone?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone here successfully swapped deaneries during their reg training? I have a job in London however the other half may be getting a job in Scotland which obviously complicates things. I understand there is a formal application to switch..are people usually successful?

It's called an interdeanery transfer. It's possible, but not guaranteed, and it takes time. Generally you are only eligible to apply if there is a change in your circumstances, so if you both accepted jobs in those locations you might not be accepted unless something happened e.g. pregnancy, sick relatives, one of you getting a NEW job requiring relocation. Also only possible if they have training places available in your new location - perhaps not a problem in GP training, more tricky for neurosurgery. And I'm not sure how much control you'd have over specific jobs in the new deanery - Scotland is quite big!

I suggest you both carefully look through the application process/,eligibility criteria before deciding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending