The Student Room Group

I need help with holding myself together.

So I have a normal life, mostly good, not alot bad. But when I was around 7, I was diagnosed with anxiety, this anxiety led to OCD. When I was 9 I was getting control over the OCD but anxiety was still getting worse. Before I turned 12 I was the diagnosed with depression and I started doing things to myself (not going to say what I did). And now with covid-19 and staying in the house alot more, has gotten my anxiety and depression alot worse. Now I am really sensitive to anything (hurtful words and anything that can bring harm). Can somebody give me advice please? I need help.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
So I have a normal life, mostly good, not alot bad. But when I was around 7, I was diagnosed with anxiety, this anxiety led to OCD. When I was 9 I was getting control over the OCD but anxiety was still getting worse. Before I turned 12 I was the diagnosed with depression and I started doing things to myself (not going to say what I did). And now with covid-19 and staying in the house alot more, has gotten my anxiety and depression alot worse. Now I am really sensitive to anything (hurtful words and anything that can bring harm). Can somebody give me advice please? I need help.

Try to fill your time with the things you like e.g. hobbies and interests to keep yourself distracted. You could also focus on learning new skills, like baking, or new languages. What is important is to not keep everything to yourself - talk to someone about how you feel (loved one or a professional). Spend time with your family and keep in contact with your friends over social media/video chat - you aren't alone, there are people who love and support you.
Original post by Anonymous

Call a mental health helpline.

Quick Reply

Latest