username4247768
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by urmumyeet)
Hi
Ok so this be my balanced equation Na2CO3 + 2HX ->2NaX + H2O + CO2
and tis be my ionic equation Na2^2+(aq) + CO3^2-(aq) + H^+(aq) + X^-(aq) - >Na^+(aq) + X^-(aq) + H2O(l) + CO2(g)
this correct or? if not please explain, not stupid, i just dont really get ionic equations
can you evn do ionic equations with X? or am i gonna have to work out what it is
ALSO, whats best indictor for this?
then I have an ionic equation for CaCO3 and HX
Ca2+(aq) + CO32-(aq)+ H+(aq) + X-(aq) ->Ca2+(aq) + X22-(aq) + H2O(l) + CO2(g), correct? much appreciated for anyone who helps
2Na^2+ (aq) + CO3^2- (aq) +2H^+(aq) + 2X^-(aq)-------------------------->2Na^+(aq) + 2X^- +H2O(l) + CO2 (g)

then cancel out like terms

2Na^+ (aq) + CO3^2- (aq) +2H^+(aq) + 2X^-(aq)-------------------------->2Na^+(aq) + 2X^- +H2O(l) + CO2 (g)

then simplify
CO3^2- (aq) +2H^+(aq) --------------------------> H2O(l) + CO2 (g)
Last edited by username4247768; 6 months ago
Miongo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi
I'm not so sure how to help you using the X example. But it might be easier if you substitute the X in with an actual chemical. State symbols really help with ionic equations, basically only break ionic substances into their ions and everything else remains intact. Then cancel out things with the same state on either side of the equation and what you're left with is your ionic equation. Sorry I'm not great at explaining but let me know if you need me to show you an example using the method I've tried to explain
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (732)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (925)
42.76%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (411)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.39%

Watched Threads