The Student Room Group

Given Up

In yr12
Had been working hard during May and April in lockdown but now mock exams have been cancelled.should i give up revising for A levels for now and p
ick up in mid august
Im so unmotivated now and dont have a goal to work for
Don't give up. Let your goal be the fact that you purely want to do well and secure a successful future. It's understandable how you have lost motivation due the cancellation of your exams. Set your goal to be the accomplishment of your task, remind yourself this is what you have been working for and you won't quit until you finish.

These times are tough my friend, you need to stay strong and focus on that goal. Revising now will give you the best chance to be more comfortable with your exams later on and allow you to ace the tests.

It's always easy to lose motivation but very hard to gain it again. Focus on this task of doing well, forget everything that has happened in our world so far, focus on yourself.
Reply 2
Original post by M_ichael
Don't give up. Let your goal be the fact that you purely want to do well and secure a successful future. It's understandable how you have lost motivation due the cancellation of your exams. Set your goal to be the accomplishment of your task, remind yourself this is what you have been working for and you won't quit until you finish.

These times are tough my friend, you need to stay strong and focus on that goal. Revising now will give you the best chance to be more comfortable with your exams later on and allow you to ace the tests.

It's always easy to lose motivation but very hard to gain it again. Focus on this task of doing well, forget everything that has happened in our world so far, focus on yourself.

Thank you for your advice,
However if i continue to work now i feel like i will just burn out at mid August and be exhausted in septemeber. Shouldnt i just take june and july off
Original post by fwasddf
Thank you for your advice,
However if i continue to work now i feel like i will just burn out at mid August and be exhausted in septemeber. Shouldnt i just take june and july off

You can try to take a few days/weeks of if you need to refresh your mind. Make sure in this time you relax and set your mind on a goal so, when you get back to study, you will be able to gain back your motivation.

Try spaced repetition, pomodoro technique, feynman method.
Original post by fwasddf
In yr12
Had been working hard during May and April in lockdown but now mock exams have been cancelled.should i give up revising for A levels for now and p
ick up in mid august
Im so unmotivated now and dont have a goal to work for

Are you being set work by your school? Will they be having Y12 in from next week?

I'd suggest that it's better to work along the lines of the normal school terms, then have a break for the summer and pick back up again in September, when schools will hopefully be open in a more normal way.
Reply 5
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Are you being set work by your school? Will they be having Y12 in from next week?

I'd suggest that it's better to work along the lines of the normal school terms, then have a break for the summer and pick back up again in September, when schools will hopefully be open in a more normal way.

Yes, I am being set work from school although it is just worksheets.
Schools are opening in July for us and its not for learning i think just for teachers to tell how things will be running i presume
Original post by fwasddf
Yes, I am being set work from school although it is just worksheets.
Schools are opening in July for us and its not for learning i think just for teachers to tell how things will be running i presume

I think you need to keep up with your work from school- just so that you are in the same place as everyone else when you go back.

If you need some extra help, or you'd like some extra challenge, why not email your teachers and ask them about this?
I know how you feel. It can be so hard to continue working throughout the summer. My word of advice would be to just take it easy but do try to keep on track with your work. The summer is the perfect time to work on your UCAS personal statement. Find things that interest you and that show your passion for your subject.

If you ever need any free tuition for any of your subjects or tailored, personal advice, I run a free tutoring website that can assist you with this. Just type in 'OnlyPhysics' in Google and you will find us :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending