The Student Room Group

student finance help!!

Hello,

My parent submitted a student finance form with incorrect details and therefore my maintenance loan has been affected/delayed, the application has been
I can't really afford to finish uni on the entitlement I've been given thus far but I've phoned up a few times for advice and I'm not really sure which route to take as I've received different advice each time including;
- waiting for the referral (which is expected after the first date of term)
- removing my parent as a sponsor (given that I am 24 and have supported myself throughout uni anyway in terms of financial support/living), however I was advised that this might not be a successful route given that I've had my mum as a sponsor for the previous 2 years
- asking my sponsor for a cover letter correcting the mistake made with evidence of the correct circumstances.

I'm not really sure what my best option is as I have been advised differently each time, but I am quite stressed about the situation as the expected updates keep being pushed back and as mentioned previously, I can't really afford to finish uni without it.

Thanks for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending