The Student Room Group

Conditional offer under review 3 days before start date?

I received a conditional offer for criminology (conditional on passing a summer course and providing results). I have uploaded most of my results however I lost 2 certificates and have had to order proof of grades from the exam boards. I haven’t received this proof yet and I’m supposed to be starting Monday 18th, it’s currently the 15th so I called them and they’ve put my application under review and told me they’ll ‘be in touch in due course’
Does this mean I haven’t got my place or is there a chance they will confirm my place on Monday (my start date)? I’m really worried as I’m supposed to get student finance on the 18th also and to get it I have to be registered on the course
Please can someone shed some light on this thank you
Original post by Student24!
I received a conditional offer for criminology (conditional on passing a summer course and providing results). I have uploaded most of my results however I lost 2 certificates and have had to order proof of grades from the exam boards. I haven’t received this proof yet and I’m supposed to be starting Monday 18th, it’s currently the 15th so I called them and they’ve put my application under review and told me they’ll ‘be in touch in due course’
Does this mean I haven’t got my place or is there a chance they will confirm my place on Monday (my start date)? I’m really worried as I’m supposed to get student finance on the 18th also and to get it I have to be registered on the course
Please can someone shed some light on this thank you

You are holding an offer, which is subject to some conditions. You haven't been able to provide evidence that you've met those conditions. Until you do, the university are under no obligation to confirm your place.

What they can do, however, it to review your application and decide whether or not to accept you despite the fact that you have not met your offer conditions. That's what they're doing now. It's difficult to predict what decision they'll make.

Have you given-up searching for the lost certificates? When did you request replacements? Have the exam board given you an estimate as to when they might arrive?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You are holding an offer, which is subject to some conditions. You haven't been able to provide evidence that you've met those conditions. Until you do, the university are under no obligation to confirm your place.

What they can do, however, it to review your application and decide whether or not to accept you despite the fact that you have not met your offer conditions. That's what they're doing now. It's difficult to predict what decision they'll make.

Have you given-up searching for the lost certificates? When did you request replacements? Have the exam board given you an estimate as to when they might arrive?

Thanks for your reply, I haven’t given up searching but I have been looking for months, I requested 1 in June and 1 in august, they both said it would take up to 30 days but could take longer because of demand, I received 1 proof which I have provided to the university
Thanks for your reply, I haven’t given up searching but I have been looking for months, I requested 1 in June and 1 in august, they both said it would take up to 30 days but could take longer because of demand, I received 1 proof which I have provided to the university

I assume the proof you've already received was the one you requested in June? How long did that take to arrive? If you add that same time to whenever you submitted the second request, when would it arrive?

Also, "in August" plus "up to 30 days" could mean it not even due yet. What date in August did you request it?

You say you're due to start on Monday. Is that a teaching day, or is it the first day of a freshers / introduction week? Hopefully it's the latter.
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
I assume the proof you've already received was the one you requested in June? How long did that take to arrive? If you add that same time to whenever you submitted the second request, when would it arrive?

Also, "in August" plus "up to 30 days" could mean it not even due yet. What date in August did you request it?

You say you're due to start on Monday. Is that a teaching day, or is it the first day of a freshers / introduction week? Hopefully it's the latter.

I received the June one in July pretty much on the 30 days, and I requested the other one 1st of august when I got paid

thankfully I have received an email from admissions just now saying my offer has been changed to unconditional :smile: so now I just have to wait for UCAS to update and I can enrol yey
I received the June one in July pretty much on the 30 days, and I requested the other one 1st of august when I got paid

thankfully I have received an email from admissions just now saying my offer has been changed to unconditional :smile: so now I just have to wait for UCAS to update and I can enrol yey

That's fantastic news! :party:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending