The Student Room Group

Oxford PPE

What would my chances be of getting into Oxford for PPE? I achieved 10 straight grade 9s at GCSE, and I am predicted 3 A*s at A level, Maths, Physics, Biology (and an EPQ looking at the UK and US health systems). I scored 47/50 on my first TSA 1 try.
Original post by jacobharmison17
What would my chances be of getting into Oxford for PPE? I achieved 10 straight grade 9s at GCSE, and I am predicted 3 A*s at A level, Maths, Physics, Biology (and an EPQ looking at the UK and US health systems). I scored 47/50 on my first TSA 1 try.

What would my chances be of getting into Oxford for PPE? I achieved 10 straight grade 9s at GCSE, and I am predicted 3 A*s at A level, Maths, Physics, Biology (and an EPQ looking at the UK and US health systems). I scored 47/50 on my first TSA

I don’t know. Maths A-level is relevant to economics but you haven’t studied politics or philosophy at all yet, they may not like that. What year are you in? Can you quickly take a fourth philosophy A-level?
Original post by Jonah9000
I don’t know. Maths A-level is relevant to economics but you haven’t studied politics or philosophy at all yet, they may not like that. What year are you in? Can you quickly take a fourth philosophy A-level?

I have done enough research to know that is incorrect. No prior study of politics, philosophy or economics is required or expected. My school does not offer any of the three. Further and wider reading, engagement with and a demonstrable interest in the three areas is essential. Thanks for the reply.

Reply 5
TSA is of significance...I think you have a fairly big chance. Are you also a PPE applicant for 2021 entry?
Original post by Chloe Fu
TSA is of significance...I think you have a fairly big chance. Are you also a PPE applicant for 2021 entry?

Yea i think so possibly, although I'm also considering physics and natural sciences I'm guessing you're applying for PPE too, if so good luck with your app
Reply 7
Yea i think so possibly, although I'm also considering physics and natural sciences I'm guessing you're applying for PPE too, if so good luck with your app

Thanks. So do you!
Reply 8

Give us an update on how it goes! Good luck!
Reply 9

Without chemistry, I dont think natural sciences will be possible
Reply 10

Obviously you are successful academically to A level, but an Oxford degree is more about having debate, consideration and original ideas so make sure you can demobstrate you have that capacity too. The only possible stumbling block may be that you have not taken an essay based A level subject.
Approximately 11%, the same as everyone else applying. You don't need perfect GCSE results or straight A*s at A level, as long as you achieve the standard humanities offer of AAA. I'd be more concerned about your indecision over your subject choice. Which did you eventually select?
Reply 12
Can someone chance me for PPE at Oxford?
ACT: 35
Math II SAT Subject Test: 800
AP Spanish Language: 5
AP Spanish Literature: 5
AP US History: 5
AP English Composition: 5
AP Computer Science Principles: 5
AP Calculus BC: 5

Predicted Grades: 6 APs at score of 5
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 13
Shameless brag post