The Student Room Group

Autumn 2020 exam dates confirmed

"As previously announced in England only there will be a full series of GCE A, AS and GCSE in all subjects available in autumn 2020.

The timetable will run as follows:

· GCE AS and A-level examinations start on Monday 5 October and finish on Friday 23 October.

· GCSE examinations start on Monday 2 November and finish on Monday 23 November.

The deadlines for entry are:

· (GCE AS & A-level) 4 September

· GCSE (except English Language and Mathematics) 18 September

· GCSE (English Language and Mathematics) 4 October.

The exam boards will post the timetables on their websites and contact centres about entries in due course."

JCQ's website - https://www.jcq.org.uk/jcq-announces-examination-dates-for-the-autumn-2020-series/
(edited 3 years ago)
Damn. The 4th of October sounds a while away but then when I think about it as the exams are only just under 3 months away I panic. I was literally failing a-level maths and only started to get D’s in March. I haven’t done any work since. Now I have to try and crawl my way to an A in three months....we’ll, at least they’re actually happening and I have a date to work towards.
Original post by Lightning720
"As previously announced in England only there will be a full series of GCE A, AS and GCSE in all subjects available in autumn 2020.

The timetable will run as follows:

· GCE AS and A-level examinations start on Monday 5 October and finish on Friday 23 October.

· GCSE examinations start on Monday 2 November and finish on Monday 23 November.

The deadlines for entry are:

· (GCE AS & A-level) 4 September

· GCSE (except English Language and Mathematics) 18 September

· GCSE (English Language and Mathematics) 4 October.

The exam boards will post the timetables on their websites and contact centres about entries in due course."

JCQ's website - https://www.jcq.org.uk/jcq-announces-examination-dates-for-the-autumn-2020-series/

When are the Result's day
Original post by OptiWeight
When are the Result's day

They haven't been 100% confirmed yet, but according to Ofqual, A-Level results day should be before Christmas. GCSE English Language and GCSE Maths should be in January whilst the other GCSEs should be in February.
Reply 4
any idea when we will be able to enter for the exams?
Original post by kPhone

We’ll probably find out later and your centre will probably need to enter you if you aren’t a private candidate.
If I get low calculated grades in the August results day, can I sit the autumn exams? If I sit the autum exams, will I be able to go to uni this September? ;-; :confused::s-smilie::frown:
Original post by Shibu the Doge
If I get low calculated grades in the August results day, can I sit the autumn exams? If I sit the autum exams, will I be able to go to uni this September? ;-; :confused::s-smilie::frown:

Sorry but no you will not be able to go to uni this September if you sit the exams in October as the results won't come out for ages
You only sit the exams in the subject you want, not all 3 subjects right?
Reply 9
Original post by Bilal_Student
You only sit the exams in the subject you want, not all 3 subjects right?

Yes you choose what subjects you want to enter for
would I be able to wait until gcse results day and then decide if I will retake anything? I’m not revising currently as I have literally no idea what I’m going to get next month, but if I do decide to retake, will the two/ three months be enough to revise for anything I’m retaking? I wouldn’t retake more than two gcses tbh as I’ll have my college work in September anyway
Reply 11
Original post by Kool Kats
would I be able to wait until gcse results day and then decide if I will retake anything? I’m not revisinyhg currently as I have literally no idea what I’m going to get next month, but if I do decide to retake, will the two/ three months be enough to revise for anything I’m retaking? I wouldn’t retake more than two gcses tbh as I’ll have my college work in September anyway

yh u can enter after results day
Original post by kPhone

A level and AS entry deadline is Sep 4
Original post by kPhone

GCSE entry deadline is Sep 18 for non-Eng & Maths. E & M entries by Oct 4
Reply 14
To find out the dates of the specific exams you wish to take, check the exam board website, because I found out the AQA exam dates last week.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Joy65
To find out the dates of the specific exams you wish to take, check the exam board website, because I found out the AQA exam dates last week.

I collected all the links here - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6608076

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending