Lightning720
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
"As previously announced in England only there will be a full series of GCE A, AS and GCSE in all subjects available in autumn 2020.

The timetable will run as follows:

· GCE AS and A-level examinations start on Monday 5 October and finish on Friday 23 October.

· GCSE examinations start on Monday 2 November and finish on Monday 23 November.

The deadlines for entry are:

· (GCE AS & A-level) – 4 September

· GCSE (except English Language and Mathematics) – 18 September

· GCSE (English Language and Mathematics) – 4 October.

The exam boards will post the timetables on their websites and contact centres about entries in due course."

JCQ's website - https://www.jcq.org.uk/jcq-announces...n-2020-series/
Last edited by Lightning720; 4 weeks ago
Advertisement
Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Damn. The 4th of October sounds a while away but then when I think about it as the exams are only just under 3 months away I panic. I was literally failing a-level maths and only started to get D’s in March. I haven’t done any work since. Now I have to try and crawl my way to an A in three months....we’ll, at least they’re actually happening and I have a date to work towards.
OptiWeight
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lightning720)
"As previously announced in England only there will be a full series of GCE A, AS and GCSE in all subjects available in autumn 2020.

The timetable will run as follows:

· GCE AS and A-level examinations start on Monday 5 October and finish on Friday 23 October.

· GCSE examinations start on Monday 2 November and finish on Monday 23 November.

The deadlines for entry are:

· (GCE AS & A-level) – 4 September

· GCSE (except English Language and Mathematics) – 18 September

· GCSE (English Language and Mathematics) – 4 October.

The exam boards will post the timetables on their websites and contact centres about entries in due course."

JCQ's website - https://www.jcq.org.uk/jcq-announces...n-2020-series/
When are the Result's day
Advertisement
Lightning720
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by OptiWeight)
When are the Result's day
They haven't been 100% confirmed yet, but according to Ofqual, A-Level results day should be before Christmas. GCSE English Language and GCSE Maths should be in January whilst the other GCSEs should be in February.
kPhone
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
any idea when we will be able to enter for the exams?
Advertisement
Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by kPhone)
We’ll probably find out later and your centre will probably need to enter you if you aren’t a private candidate.
Shibu the Doge
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If I get low calculated grades in the August results day, can I sit the autumn exams? If I sit the autum exams, will I be able to go to uni this September? ;-; :confused:
Advertisement
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Shibu the Doge)
If I get low calculated grades in the August results day, can I sit the autumn exams? If I sit the autum exams, will I be able to go to uni this September? ;-; :confused:
Sorry but no you will not be able to go to uni this September if you sit the exams in October as the results won't come out for ages
Bilal_Student
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You only sit the exams in the subject you want, not all 3 subjects right?
Advertisement
Unlucki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Bilal_Student)
You only sit the exams in the subject you want, not all 3 subjects right?
Yes you choose what subjects you want to enter for
Kool Kats
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
would I be able to wait until gcse results day and then decide if I will retake anything? I’m not revising currently as I have literally no idea what I’m going to get next month, but if I do decide to retake, will the two/ three months be enough to revise for anything I’m retaking? I wouldn’t retake more than two gcses tbh as I’ll have my college work in September anyway
Advertisement
kPhone
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kool Kats)
would I be able to wait until gcse results day and then decide if I will retake anything? I’m not revisinyhg currently as I have literally no idea what I’m going to get next month, but if I do decide to retake, will the two/ three months be enough to revise for anything I’m retaking? I wouldn’t retake more than two gcses tbh as I’ll have my college work in September anyway
yh u can enter after results day
nicola.johnson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
A level and AS entry deadline is Sep 4
Advertisement
nicola.johnson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
GCSE entry deadline is Sep 18 for non-Eng & Maths. E & M entries by Oct 4
Joy65
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
To find out the dates of the specific exams you wish to take, check the exam board website, because I found out the AQA exam dates last week.
Last edited by Joy65; 2 weeks ago
Lightning720
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Joy65)
To find out the dates of the specific exams you wish to take, check the exam board website, because I found out the AQA exam dates last week.
I collected all the links here - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6608076
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (235)
61.52%
No they should not (107)
28.01%
Abstain (40)
10.47%

Watched Threads