The Student Room Group

Will A-Level grade boundaries be at 2019 levels?

I don't really know how the grade boundaries are going to be this year. I know they aim to bring grade boundaries to pre-COVID levels. Does this mean a bounce back to 2019 levels? Or will it be slightly more lenient than that? When will exam boards give a message on this?
Reply 1
Original post by 9e839q2
I don't really know how the grade boundaries are going to be this year. I know they aim to bring grade boundaries to pre-COVID levels. Does this mean a bounce back to 2019 levels? Or will it be slightly more lenient than that? When will exam boards give a message on this?

They aren't set until after the exams have been marked so no-one knows or can even guess.

The Government has said this: https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/grading-exams-and-assessments-in-summer-2023-and-autumn-2022
Obviously noone knows at the moment and even grade boundaries prior to covid were fluctuating. What many teachers are saying is that it will be quite different to the grade boundaries we saw 2020-2022 due to covid and advanced info, so realistically the most reliable piece of data to compare is the 2019 grade boundaries (which isn't the same thing as saying it would fully return to 2019 levels)
i do really think it'll be a couple marks higher than 2019. Looking at 2019 compared to 2022 the average was like a 5 mark difference tbh.
Original post by username6146538

Moved to A-levels forum :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest