The Student Room Group

Student id!

I'm going to France soon and have just finished sixth form. There's a gallery we want to see that is free access for u18s and students but the latter needs an id. We obviously don't have uni id yet as we only start in autumn.. is there any way we can prove we are students and get free entry? Is it just a game of luck if they will take other proof - we have sixth form ids but they have no dates etc. - only names and photos - so it seems a bit unofficial. Any ideas?
Try sign up for unidays or student beans- they will provide you a student ID. I've always used this to get student discounts in superdrug, boots, jd etc etc. As long as you have a school email that ends with ac.uk and your school is listed as an institution under their list then you can probably use it as a form of ID (it will provide start and end dates according to what you input)
Original post by amish43
I'm going to France soon and have just finished sixth form. There's a gallery we want to see that is free access for u18s and students but the latter needs an id. We obviously don't have uni id yet as we only start in autumn.. is there any way we can prove we are students and get free entry? Is it just a game of luck if they will take other proof - we have sixth form ids but they have no dates etc. - only names and photos - so it seems a bit unofficial. Any ideas?

Hello @amish43

I hope you’re well! I would just bring your sixth form ID along with you, and if you could perhaps take a screenshot of your UCAS confirming your place at the university? If you still have access to your sixth form email, you can register with unidays which is an app for mostly university students but can be verified for those in sixth form!

Enjoy your trip!
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
Original post by amish43

Hi there,

You unfortunately can't get your student ID at University until you are enrolled. Therefore as others have said your best thing is to apply to Unidays or similar and get an ID that way.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending