The Student Room Group

the league tables...

just want to see what everybody's views are on the league tables published on the different newspapers about different sixthforms and college's performance. do you think the table accurately reflects your school's performance, if a school is highly ranked does it really mean that it is a good school? It's just that i always thought that my school is not a bad school until i looked at its ranking on the league table for Alevels which is quite low, and now my parents think that i should move school to one which appears to have a higher ranking. the strange thing is my school's ranking for GCSE is quite high, but the Alevel results performance is alot lower than GCSE, does anyone know why??
They aren't even published yet :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Erm. To some extent they do reflect how good the school is - as the teaching/technique has got to be good if a school is high up in the tables - but to som extent it depends on the year group. If you have a year who can't be fussed/don't work as hard then its going to drop whereas a good year group could make it rise..
Does anyone know when they're due to be published?

Latest

Trending

Trending