The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4460
oh ninety_nine i see you've applied for war studies at KCL as well, i applied for war studies with philosophy :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Marcx89
oh ninety_nine i see you've applied for war studies at KCL as well, i applied for war studies with philosophy :smile:

I know, we picked really similar courses..and your grades are equivalent to AAB which is what I got at A-level! I was even going to apply for straight Government as well as Social Policy w/Gov but heard they were really PS-picky, so I didn't.

War Studies looks good but it's quite competitive! Have you heard anything back yet? I didn't even get an acknowledgement! :shifty:
JohnKennedy]amar are ypu saying that offers come only between 12pm and 12:30pm? Many people have recieved offers in the afternoon though! I mean they have between 12 and 5pm don't they?
What sort of job would War Studies get you?
Beef_Eater

Any job that you could get with Politics/International Relations degree. War Studies is a combination of Politics, International Relations and Military History.
Reply 4465
ninety_nine
I know, we picked really similar courses..and your grades are equivalent to AAB which is what I got at A-level! I was even going to apply for straight Government as well as Social Policy w/Gov but heard they were really PS-picky, so I didn't.

War Studies looks good but it's quite competitive! Have you heard anything back yet? I didn't even get an acknowledgement! :shifty:

Yeah apparently my PS mentioned social policy too much, it got me a rejection right away lol.
We'll see about war studies, i'm not sure i'm going there though, even if i get an offer... It's really focused, even though it's interesting, i might not handle it for three years.:confused:

There doesn't seem to be that many social policy w/ govt applicant on the forum... I hope i won't have to wait until march, some people said it's about when gathered field applicants get some answers, if anybody knows more about that and how it went last year, it would be much appreciated.:smile:
Reply 4466
Beef_Eater

Apparently they're the best in the field, in the UK, and among the bests in the world when it comes to this kind of course, so i guess it opens a lot of doors. It seems that a lot of students go into consultancy, for private and public defence, both nationnaly and internationnaly. The is a great demand for qualified people in those fields, and apparently most private consultancy groups hire students from KCL. It is said to pay a lot too.
Then, like most students going for a politics related course you may work for NGOs, and as a civil servant.
It's a BA anyway, i wouldn't want to stop there, but it's a great chance to get into top graduate international relations programs, providing you have good grades.
Reply 4467
JohnKennedy
JohnKennedy]amar are ypu saying that offers come only between 12pm and 12:30pm? Many people have recieved offers in the afternoon though! I mean they have between 12 and 5pm don't they?

From the past it seems as though LSE offers have all come in at around the same time, generally around 11:50. Thats at least what i've seen.

If anyone wants to go back to the pages where people received offers and posted their times, feel free to prove me wrong.:smile:
I wish 2remain anonymous for my own reasons. All i can simply state to you is that a lot of people on this forum should just calm down a bit. Yes it is the end of the world if you don't get into LSE, but take pleasure knowing you and hundreds of others will share the same sensation.

Whether LSE reply to you tomorrow at 12:00 or at 5pm or not until the end of January or whether they have already rejected you or put your name on a shortlist or decided to review their assessment of your application given further details you have sent them. The end result. The final outcome will not change. Whether you have an acceptance email lieing in an unchecked inbox for a week or whether you check 10 seconds after you recieve the email. The end result will be the same.

So just relax, whatever is coming is coming, your fate was already decided the second your teacher clicked the final send off button. If you wish, compare it to a race; You have either won or lost the race months before race itself: when you were training (or at least meant to be training). The day of the race is simply a formality. No matter how much lucozade or redbull you drink on the day, week or month before it won't make any difference.

The fact that others have been rejected for your course? Who cares? So you haven't been rejected 1st. Knowing that piece of information does not help your cause 1 bit. Knowing that you will receive an email at a certain time on a certain day- most of these 'predicted times' of which seem to be complete nonsense, does not help you 1 bit. Comparing your lower/higher grades or UMS to another does not benefit you. Using all your powers of prediction in placing where you rank amongst others also applying to your course will not help. The end result will be the same. What might benefit you however, is simply and entirely ignoring everything else and putting all this energy into concentrating entirely on ur A-Lvls so you can get 3/4/5+ A-Grades, so if need be, you can reapply with a stronger application next year. That might benefit you.
sure man, but making predictions and speculating is all part of the LSE fun is... isn't it?
Reply 4470
BACK TO :work:
annon1234
I wish 2remain anonymous for my own reasons. All i can simply state to you is that a lot of people on this forum should just calm down a bit. Yes it is the end of the world if you don't get into LSE, but take pleasure knowing you and hundreds of others will share the same sensation.

Whether LSE reply to you tomorrow at 12:00 or at 5pm or not until the end of January or whether they have already rejected you or put your name on a shortlist or decided to review their assessment of your application given further details you have sent them. The end result. The final outcome will not change. Whether you have an acceptance email lieing in an unchecked inbox for a week or whether you check 10 seconds after you recieve the email. The end result will be the same.

So just relax, whatever is coming is coming, your fate was already decided the second your teacher clicked the final send off button. If you wish, compare it to a race; You have either won or lost the race months before race itself: when you were training (or at least meant to be training). The day of the race is simply a formality. No matter how much lucozade or redbull you drink on the day, week or month before it won't make any difference.

The fact that others have been rejected for your course? Who cares? So you haven't been rejected 1st. Knowing that piece of information does not help your cause 1 bit. Knowing that you will receive an email at a certain time on a certain day- most of these 'predicted times' of which seem to be complete nonsense, does not help you 1 bit. Comparing your lower/higher grades or UMS to another does not benefit you. Using all your powers of prediction in placing where you rank amongst others also applying to your course will not help. The end result will be the same. What might benefit you however, is simply and entirely ignoring everything else and putting all this energy into concentrating entirely on ur A-Lvls so you can get 3/4/5+ A-Grades, so if need be, you can reapply with a stronger application next year. That might benefit you.

We all understand this. But this is what we do, its natural. Its obvious that no matter how much we speculate it won't make the decision quicker. But this is what we do and as someone said is all part of the LSE application process.

Good try on the 'hero' speech though. You probably been reading this forum for ages and finally decided to sign up so you can type that essay didn't you? lol
Reply 4472
Beef_Eater
We all understand this. But this is what we do, its natural. Its obvious that no matter how much we speculate it won't make the decision quicker. But this is what we do and as someone said is all part of the LSE application process.

Good try on the 'hero' speech though. You probably been reading this forum for ages and finally decided to sign up so you can type that essay didn't you? lol

Amen to that Beef Eater
Reply 4473
Best luck to you guys tomorrow.
I hope you will get a more positive response than I got.
amar247
Amen to that Beef Eater

Did you want to know the difference between BA and Bsc Economics?
Reply 4475
Hi, just joined TSR. I am applying to Econometrics and Economics. I have just made the deadline of Jan 15. Add me on the list please :smile: thanks.
Mike_P
Best luck to you guys tomorrow.
I hope you will get a more positive response than I got.

Seconded.
Btw, are you applying for the 4 year course at St Andrews, or direct entry into year 2?
kfighter
Hi, just joined TSR. I am applying to Econometrics and Economics. My predicted IB is 43-44. I have just made the deadline of Jan 15. Add me on the list please :smile: thanks.

You add yourself on the list...its automatic now
Reply 4478
I am sorry. I am really new to this system. How do I 'automatically' add myself in the first post?
AHhhhhhhhhhhhhh tomorrow????

Latest

Trending

Trending