The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

DanielJH
Shouldnt oxbridge applicants without gathered pile mails receive decisions very soon?

definitely.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Jong Il Kim
definitely.

Gosh I'm getting nervous now... :lolwut:
Reply 5002
I hope this coming friday is an offer day. They dont have to stick to the alternating friday rule do they?
DanielJH
I hope this coming friday is an offer day. They dont have to stick to the alternating friday rule do they?

hope so. But many offer holders speculated that this Friday will be a rejection day and there will be a batch of offers on next Friday. But who knows? :smile: Nevertheless, all I want is an offer. Despite the fact that I applied before Oxbridge deadline, I can wait up to March, or even April provided that I get an offer from the School :smile:
Reply 5004
really sick of waiting
aldiho
really sick of waiting

what did you apply for?
Reply 5006
economics
"Thank you for your application to LSE for the above course. In order to help us reach a decision on your application, we would like you to sit our Entrance Examination which will be held on Tuesday 10 March 2009."

**** YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH :biggrin:
Capocrimini
"Thank you for your application to LSE for the above course. In order to help us reach a decision on your application, we would like you to sit our Entrance Examination which will be held on Tuesday 10 March 2009."

Ouch. :p:
Roundabout
Ouch. :p:

The entrance exam is very easy mate :biggrin:
Capocrimini

Then it's easy to everyone. :wink:
In any case, I'm so sick of TSAs and interviews and PSs and references that I think I would have been pretty annoyed with yet another type of performance test. :p:
Roundabout
Then it's easy to everyone. :wink:
In any case, I'm so sick of TSAs and interviews and PSs and references that I think I would have been pretty annoyed with yet another type of performance test. :p:

Though from my understanding they only ask a select number of candidates to take the actual test (I have friends with straight rejections for economics who applied with swedish qualifications). I don't want to be too selfsecure or anything but I think I'm in with a fair chance. :cool:
Reply 5012
Capocrimini

Sweet, hopefullly I'll get a similar e-mail soon!
Did you get the e-mail today?

Cheers
Capocrimini

Is it? :smile: I'd freak out if I recieved such an e-mail. TOTALLY. But hey, congrats! :jumphug:
What does the entrance exam consist of?
Reply 5014
limonadita
Is it? :smile: I'd freak out if I recieved such an e-mail. TOTALLY. But hey, congrats! :jumphug:
What does the entrance exam consist of?

I've looked at some of the tests for former years, and to me it doesn't seem that easy.
Espacially the maths part looks tricky (I'm not that great at maths)...Other than that it consists of some writing (essay and summary if I don't remember wrong).
Link to past exams (judge for youself if they are difficult or not): http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/undergraduateAdmissions/Making_an_application/entrance_exam.htm

And yeh, I knew that one of two different options awaited me:
(1): Rejection, as some of my friends have gotten already
(2): Entrance examination

Atm I'm pretty happy that I got alternative 2 :biggrin: Was pretty worried that I'd be rejected on friday the 23:rd.

Edit:
Only applicants with UNSTANDARD QUALIFICATIONS may be asked to sit the entrance examination.
LFCDRM
I've looked at some of the tests for former years, and to me it doesn't seem that easy.
Espacially the maths part looks tricky (I'm not that great at maths)...Other than that it consists of some writing (essay and summary if I don't remember wrong).

OMG. So if I recieved such an e-mail, I could kiss my offer from LSE goodbye. STRAIGHTAWAY. :biggrin:
Capocrimini
Link to past exams (judge for youself if they are difficult or not): http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/undergraduateAdmissions/Making_an_application/entrance_exam.htm

And yeh, I knew that one of two different options awaited me:
(1): Rejection, as some of my friends have gotten already
(2): Entrance examination

Atm I'm pretty happy that I got alternative 2 :biggrin: Was pretty worried that I'd be rejected on friday the 23:rd.

Edit:
Only applicants with UNSTANDARD QUALIFICATIONS may be asked to sit the entrance examination.

That's me! :woo:
EDIT: What qualifications do you have?
Reply 5018
Has anyone heard anything back from LSE about International Relations yet? I know people with offers from Anthropology before Christmas, but I've yet to hear any IR offers.

Also, is this Friday coming rejection or acceptance Friday?

Latest

Trending

Trending