The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Economics Historian - Has your offer showed up on track yet?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Beef_Eater...offers tomorrow?
i think there is an 18.4932% chance of you getting an offer tomorrow if you didnt recieve the gatherfield email..
just kidding i wanted to sound like beef_eater.. BUT I DO THINK THERE WILL BE LOADS OF OFFERS TMO!
Cheers Average Jo, probably a better response than Beef_Eater's, who would've gone off on a tangent.......
Reply 9184
I hope Beef_Eater gets an offer tomorrow. I've never seen someone hold such a strong desire for anything (other than maybe drugs)...
Beef_Eater
Economics Historian - Has your offer showed up on track yet?

No, I do now have a letter confirming the nature of the offer though, and why it's not the standard offer.
Best of luck mate, I really hope you get in :smile:
AverageJo
i think there is an 18.4932% chance of you getting an offer tomorrow if you didnt recieve the gatherfield email..
just kidding i wanted to sound like beef_eater.. BUT I DO THINK THERE WILL BE LOADS OF OFFERS TMO!

Is it better or worse if you've received a gathered email? I would think that they would wait this long to reply to my application in order to compare me to the people who took entrance exams on the 10th. But that's almost all international applicants, and I am an EU applicant!

I don't get it...
1 Economic Historian
No, I do now have a letter confirming the nature of the offer though, and why it's not the standard offer.
Best of luck mate, I really hope you get in :smile:

oh ok thats cool then....Cheers.
I really I hope I get an offer tomorrow!!!!....Would be cool to meet everyone and see what you lot are like away from the forum lol....

Anyways good luck people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Canuck1
Econ Historian...first i edited my post because I don't want to continue the argument...there is potential for international differences. USA vs. UK practices (edit: I didnt read your response when I wrote this - too lazy to keep reading -- and I usually assume Goldman Sachs NYC as the gold standard). 2nd. After 2 years as an analyst you have to go back to school...that's a North American IB practice. 3rd. I'm leaning towards a JD / MBA from a North American school. (JD is a law degree). Finally, I sent my application late in the process.....but im not too concerned.

Fair play, let's end this here then :smile:
I presume that's why it's 'easier' to initially get into an IB in North American then, since you have to go back to university, whilst we fully start working as an investment banker etc for an indefinite period (unless of course you get fired :tongue:) as early as 21/22? Who knows :tongue: , but more importantly, who really cares! lol
May I ask which North American school it is btw? Congrats on having both an MBA and a law degree already though...if I interpreted that correctly!
Btw, and I don't mean to scare you, but Law at LSE is ridiculously competitive already, without sending your application late...they only consider late applications if there are any places left, right? :s-smilie:
Where else did you apply? =]
Reply 9190
bluebubbles
Is it better or worse if you've received a gathered email? I would think that they would wait this long to reply to my application in order to compare me to the people who took entrance exams on the 10th. But that's almost all international applicants, and I am an EU applicant!

I don't get it...

That is because there might not even be any correlation between the two, it's speculation.
One of my spec's is: if the social policy dept follows last year's pattern I may hear from them next week.
That person who said he had a friend who received an offer at 12pm today......Do you lot reckon he's lying or mistaken?
Reply 9192
Beef_Eater
That person who said he had a friend who received an offer at 12pm today......Do you lot reckon he's lying or mistaken?

Well apparently, if you trust others a bit, some decisions have been made off the pattern, they might have already broken it.
Beef_Eater

I reckon he's from outer space.
Lol how the hell can you ask such a question? :tongue:
If he got an offer, then congrats to him, if he's 'lying' as you put it, then it still doesn't affect your chances of an offer! =p
Considering you already got into Warwick Acc & Finance, you have a really strong chance at getting LSE too anyway! (i don't know much, but you told me Warwick was better :tongue:)
Anyway, relax and best of luck mate :smile:
Marcx89
Well apparently, if you trust others a bit, some decisions have been made of a certain pattern, they might have already broken it.

oh ok.....now I feel like crap.
Beef_Eater

Why are you so negative for? Phwoooaaaar just believe him man, he has no interest in lying....:mad:
1 Economic Historian
I reckon he's from outer space.
Lol how the hell can you ask such a question? :tongue:
If he got an offer, then congrats to him, if he's 'lying' as you put it, then it still doesn't affect your chances of an offer! =p
Considering you already got into Warwick Acc & Finance, you have a really strong chance at getting LSE too anyway! (i don't know much, but you told me Warwick was better :tongue:)
Anyway, relax and best of luck mate :smile:

yea cheers. Yea i said warwick was ranked 1st in the times. however lse will always have the london advantage.
MarMite411
Why are you so negative for? Phwoooaaaar just believe him man, he has no interest in lying....:mad:

ok ok sorry lol.
can someone post a screenshot of the welcome page when you have all your decisions but haven't yet made them yet....Because LSE is last to reply, I just wanted to know what it will look like on the welcome page on track when I receive a decision.
Beef_Eater
can someone post a screenshot of the welcome page when you have all your decisions but haven't yet made them yet....Because LSE is last to reply, I just wanted to know what it will look like on the welcome page on track when I receive a decision.

You know... insecure people are never suitable for responsible roles, let alone to become a broker

Latest

Trending

Trending