The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Just checked with flight agency, if i still haven't got a decision by next friday, it seems i will pay an extra 200 for a flight to China..
I just want a decison now. waiting for more than 5 months!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 9321
1 Economic Historian
Congrats to everyone with offers.
I regrettably will not be joining you guys. Mock today, epic fail: C4- 35 FP1(old)- 25!!!!!! :'(
Although I only need 10 UMS in C4 to get an A overall (470/500 so far), I agreed with the teacher that a Merit at AEA Maths really does seem to be out of my reach- not being naturally gifted at Maths (it is my weakest subject), I have to work immensely hard at it but whilst this is possible at A level, it will not be at AEA. Still taking AEA Econ, and will try to get 95+ in C4 since it is ages away, so to have a 95+ average in A level Maths, but I've also decided against FM AS. It's too much maths for me to learn in such a short space, given that I'm clearly actually very weak at it unless I work hard at it, and I hence I feel really ashamed of this, but no longer have the need or motivation to do so.
Looks like it's York for me then, already met the conditions....
best of luck guys, and hope you all have a great time at LSE.

P.S. Mods: could you please ban me from tsr until June, I do not wish to procrastinate any longer, and further worsen my fate.

C'ya all :smile:

Wow lol you could have a little faith in yourself... I have no sympathy for quitters.
1 Economic Historian
I regrettably will not be joining you guys. Mock today, epic fail: C4- 35 FP1(old)- 25!!!!!! :'(
Although I only need 10 UMS in C4 to get an A overall (470/500 so far), I agreed with the teacher that a Merit at AEA Maths really does seem to be out of my reach- not being naturally gifted at Maths (it is my weakest subject), I have to work immensely hard at it but whilst this is possible at A level, it will not be at AEA. Still taking AEA Econ, and will try to get 95+ in C4 since it is ages away, so to have a 95+ average in A level Maths, but I've also decided against FM AS. It's too much maths for me to learn in such a short space, given that I'm clearly actually very weak at it unless I work hard at it, and I hence I feel really ashamed of this, but no longer have the need or motivation to do so.

P.S. Mods: could you please ban me from tsr until June, I do not wish to procrastinate any longer, and further worsen my fate.

Ahhh man, sad to hear. It was a phenomenal offer, I have never ever seen an offer such as that.....I really don't know what to say. Good luck with York. :cool:
1 Economic Historian

It ain't over till its over. Its the way I got from 43% in a mock to 88% in the final exam after four days of revision/learning the stuff. No point in giving up or you will forever be wondering what would have happened if you just gave it your all, at least if you try and fail you know you have done yourself justice.

"The man who succeeds in life, is the man who refuses to fail"
1 Economic Historian

What???!!!
AEA Maths is based on C1-C4, although you may not be 'good' at maths, you could have another go at C4, make sure you understand it and work through a few AEA past papers, it's possible.
skhaira
i dont know how to write on this thing..but i got an offer for Geog and Econ at 4:30 today...AAB ! yaya

OMG WELL DONE BABE

i think your awesome and have been stalking you....lol sim its me....im guessing that its you :biggrin:
Joy Division
What???!!!
AEA Maths is based on C1-C4, although you may not be 'good' at maths, you could have another go at C4, make sure you understand it and work through a few AEA past papers, it's possible.

congrats on offer
jw, what were your grades like? :tongue:
Economic Historian I say you email LSE now and talk to them about changing your offer.
Joy Division
What???!!!

I can do c4 before june, that's not a problem- i've managed to get 470/500 in 5 Maths units so far after Jan results (and my teacher predicted me a B for maths initially!!) but his lack of trust in me really has worked its way into my thinking, and maybe its just a sinking feeling, but it feels true- looking at, and having attempted the past papers so far, I don't have a clue what's going on--I'm only setting myself up for an epic fail, and yes that does make me a quitter but even so, I'm still I already almost (need the 10UMS in c4) have AAAaaa, and if all does well will have a Distinction at AEA Econ to add to this...if that isn't good enough for LSE, then **** it. But I've realised for a fact that harder maths really isn't for me, and seeing as the most able people get a U on it, I won't fare much better...
I won't get any support for it at all since I've been told by my teacher I will fail miserably, both at c4 and AEA, and I'm not confident in my maths abilities to do so by myself.
I really hate being given such a ridiculous offer, the standard is AAB :frown:
Economic Historian, your maths teachers sounds like a ****. Does he know what hes done?
Nothing here for IR :frown:

Are there ANY IR applicants here? I haven't seen a single one...
1 Economic Historian
I can do c4 before june, that's not a problem- i've managed to get 470/500 in 5 Maths units so far after Jan results (and my teacher predicted me a B for maths initially!!) but his lack of trust in me really has worked its way into my thinking, and maybe its just a sinking feeling, but it feels true- looking at, and having attempted the past papers so far, I don't have a clue what's going on--I'm only setting myself up for an epic fail, and yes that does make me a quitter but even so, I'm still I already almost (need the 10UMS in c4) have AAAaaa, and if all does well will have a Distinction at AEA Econ to add to this...if that isn't good enough for LSE, then **** it. But I've realised for a fact that harder maths really isn't for me, and seeing as the most able people get a U on it, I won't fare much better...
I won't get any support for it at all since I've been told by my teacher I will fail miserably, both at c4 and AEA, and I'm not confident in my maths abilities to do so by myself.

Did you retake this Jan to boost your UMS to 470?
Oh is it true that today was mostly for unconditional offers? Congrats everyone!
1 Economic Historian

I think you should try and be a bit more positive. If I was in your position, I would forget everything else and work my socks off. It's only for like 2 or 3 months, and when motivation is hard, just think about the prospect of going to LSE!
Beef_Eater
Economic Historian I say you email LSE now and talk to them about changing your offer.

I advise against this, because Economic Historian was rejected the first round, and only made an offer on his high-conditional offer afterwards
If Economic Historian email to negociate the offer, they could aswell just withdraw the offer
Beef_Eater
Economic Historian, your maths teachers sounds like a ****. Does he know what hes done?

Yes, but he was always of the opinion "if you make it into LSE, you'll drop out or be kicked out after year 1 'coz you wont be able to handle the Maths", so he couldn't care less...w.e., I'll get over it...there's always masters.
If your maths teacher had just predicted you an A in the first place you might be sitting with an offer right now, sounds like a ****. However no worse than my teachers, they wanted to predict me a B before I got senior management (me and the rector are y/n, I get him for History) to step in and make them predict me a A.

In your position I would seriously keep going, you have already proven them wrong with your A-Level maths, do it again. Also (Scottish Student here) but is C4 maths the hardest module or something?
Jinru
Did you retake this Jan to boost your UMS to 470?

yeah I did...it was already an A at AS before though
bluebubbles
Nothing here for IR :frown:

Are there ANY IR applicants here? I haven't seen a single one...

IR and History, but my admission is dealt with by the History department and not the IR department.
1 Economic Historian
Yes, but he was always of the opinion "if you make it into LSE, you'll drop out or be kicked out after year 1 'coz you wont be able to handle the Maths", so he couldn't care less...w.e., I'll get over it...there's always masters.

and this person is a teacher????

surely you can get him punished.

Latest

Trending

Trending