The Student Room Group

The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2020/21

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gs0w
Anybody heard back from Freshfields (Direct TC)?

Haven't heard anything yet
Original post by techny13
Got an offer for a place on Shearman's summer vac scheme last night!

Congrats! When did you hear about the AC?

Congratulations!
Original post by Australia14
Hey good morning everyone - repost from about a week ago

I recently got offered a Training Contract at my dream firm, which I'm over the moon about! After more amendments and draft revisions than I can remember, I was passing the initial application stage almost every time, and not before long was offered a Training Contract. I also received guidance on my applications from a friend (a trainee at White & case), which was so useful.

I wanted to see if there was any interest in one-to-one Training Contract help via Zoom or Skype, where I could share my own successful applications and also help with things like the Watson-Glaser test. If this might interest you, or you have any questions at all, then please just send me a message!

All the best,

That would be a great help.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed with this.

Thank you for sharing.

Well done! That's great news. I bet you're thrilled.
Reply 1985
Hi!! Has anyone heard back from BLM interview, or Charles Russell Speechlys, Stephenson Harwood, or Mishcon de Reya for VS??
Original post by Doodaa123
Congrats! When did you hear about the AC?

Thanks. I heard about the AC on the 19th Jan (submitted my application on the 16th and interviewed last Friday).
Original post by m8m
Hi!! Has anyone heard back from BLM interview, or Charles Russell Speechlys, Stephenson Harwood, or Mishcon de Reya for VS??

This is the third year I've applied to Mishcon and usually they have rejected me shortly after I've submitted the app, but this year I still haven't been rejected! So I'm holding out hope that no news is good news
Original post by CatusStarbright
Still waiting to hear back from AG post VI and DWF - both for the Leeds office.

Hi how was the VI for AG?
Original post by m8m

Waiting to hear post-interview for SH
Original post by Ellewoodie
Hi how was the VI for AG?

Not too bad on the whole. It went better than the one for Eversheds I think.
Has anyone heard from Ashurst/Linklaters/Latham Watkins/Kirkland Ellis/Slaughter & May/Travers Smith
Original post by ACain123
Has anyone completed the Fieldfisher online assessment yet?

Hey! I did a few weeks ago, I had a telephone interview today
Original post by jcatherine1
Has anyone heard from Ashurst/Linklaters/Latham Watkins/Kirkland Ellis/Slaughter & May/Travers Smith

No to linklaters and latham
Reply 1994
Original post by Velvetgh0st
Waiting to hear post-interview for SH

Really? You've done an interview already? I haven't heard back from my application form yet... maybe that's bad news
VI invite from DWF
Does anyone have tips?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Akarim11
VI invite from DW
Does anyone have tips?

Me too! I had one last year for IM my best general advice would be record yourself answering generic questions, make a little cheat sheet that you can pin up behind your laptop of key words/things you’d like to mention!
Do you know the dates for the vac scheme? I can’t seem to find them
Thanks. I heard about the AC on the 19th Jan (submitted my application on the 16th and interviewed last Friday).

Hey congrats!! You must be so thrilled. This may be a dumb question but I was under the impression that there is no AC for the vac scheme after the interview...? That's what it says on their website and someone from TSR mentioned. I'm confused !!
I got a PFO from DWF for the VS, but the email says they were "extremely impressed" by my application and it encourages me to apply for the direct TC in this cycle (which they allow). I shall do so, but I'm kind of confused by the mixed message there - should I change my application to apply for the TC or leave it as it is?
Reply 1999
Original post by abrahamsemily
Has anyoe heard from Simmons and Simmons post AC?

is this for summer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending