The Student Room Group

[Official] Oxford History Applicants 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by noireatoxford
Guys...I have never sounded so unintelligent in my life. I literally can't think of anything good the Politics tutors could take away from my performance.

At this point I'm just hoping for an offer for straight History, hopefully that will happen if I do exponentially better in my History interview.

never related to a comment more in my life!
Omg I actually feel so sick after my interview. I just felt I came across as such an idiot who fluked his way to getting an interview and I have two mock exams tomorrow. I hope everyone's interviews goes better than I feel mine went.
I can see we're all feeling a little negative about our performances but take some reassurance in the facts that:
you've gotten this far which is a massive achievement
interviews only make up 30% of the decision for an offer (other 30% GCSEs, 30% HAT, 10% written work)

I know a few people who lamented about their performance in interviews just to then get a place - you have no clue what will happen you've done your absolute best which is commendable so just wipe it from your mind. There's nothing you can change so try not to waste your time/energy on overthinking!
Original post by TheGaylord
Omg I actually feel so sick after my interview. I just felt I came across as such an idiot who fluked his way to getting an interview and I have two mock exams tomorrow. I hope everyone's interviews goes better than I feel mine went.

you can't fluke yourself to an interview - it's hard evidence that you are an amazing candidate, they don't just let anyone through to interview otherwise what would be the point? You definitely wouldn't have come across as an idiot, I think you leave feeling confused and headachey but they're purposefully trying to challenge you so try not to worry :smile:
Original post by Sophie_gatenby
I can see we're all feeling a little negative about our performances but take some reassurance in the facts that:
you've gotten this far which is a massive achievement
interviews only make up 30% of the decision for an offer (other 30% GCSEs, 30% HAT, 10% written work)

I know a few people who lamented about their performance in interviews just to then get a place - you have no clue what will happen you've done your absolute best which is commendable so just wipe it from your mind. There's nothing you can change so try not to waste your time/energy on overthinking!

You're right. I have no way of knowing but I feel as if my scores in the other criteria aren't as strong and that the interview was my one place to shine. BUT, one positive takeaway is that I feel a bit more at ease about going into my History interview tomorrow.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by noireatoxford
Guys...I have never sounded so unintelligent in my life. I literally can't think of anything good the Politics tutors could take away from my performance.

At this point I'm just hoping for an offer for straight History, hopefully that will happen if I do exponentially better in my History interview.

I honestly feel the exact same, History went alright but Politics was just...not it...
good luck for History tomorrow!
Original post by michalikova
I honestly feel the exact same, History went alright but Politics was just...not it...
good luck for History tomorrow!

thank you!
I actually feel like my politics interview went better than my history interview. I enjoyed them both and felt quite excited when they finished but the more time I have to analyse them the more pessimistic I feel :s-smilie:
Original post by enanenanena
I actually feel like my politics interview went better than my history interview. I enjoyed them both and felt quite excited when they finished but the more time I have to analyse them the more pessimistic I feel :s-smilie:

i was the exact same. i think just let it go bc it’s out of our hands now.
my history interview felt really good today; it was quite a fun yet academic conversation which has actually made me so much more excited at the prospect of studying history at oxford. & the tutors were so lovely
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 710
Has anyone heard back from other colleges about additional interviews?
Original post by jhc123
Has anyone heard back from other colleges about additional interviews?

Yeah literally just got an email from LMH - times yet to be confirmed. Not sure what it really means to be honest and not sure I want to go through it again...
Yeah literally just got an email from LMH - times yet to be confirmed. Not sure what it really means to be honest and not sure I want to go through it again...

Same here - but had my time confirmed now!
Reply 713
Original post by 81Sarah26

What colleges did you guys apply to and when did you have your interviews?

Had you originally applied to LMH or to another college? Or is this to be 2nd interview With LMH?
Original post by jhc123
What colleges did you guys apply to and when did you have your interviews?

Lincoln College and Wednesday 9th
Lincoln College and Wednesday 9th

Omg same! That’s so weird!
Omg same! That’s so weird!

...that is so weird omg.

I'm so confused if I'm honest - does this relate at all to our Lincoln interview or mean we're unlikely to be offered a place there?
Ahh I’m really overthinking it now because my Lincoln history interview was acc really enjoyable but maybe they thought it wasn’t so good!...I honestly have no clue what it means! Hopefully it’s a good thing!!
Ahh I’m really overthinking it now because my Lincoln history interview was acc really enjoyable but maybe they thought it wasn’t so good!...I honestly have no clue what it means! Hopefully it’s a good thing!!

Same it's really freaked me out for some reason, especially because I really love Lincoln - the whole second college interview process is very confusing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending