The Student Room Group

[Official] Oxford History Applicants 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sophie_gatenby
Same it's really freaked me out for some reason, especially because I really love Lincoln - the whole second college interview process is very confusing

Same!! Lincoln was so nice and so were the interviewers! Now I’m stressed I’ll mess it up with more interviews haha! Trying to focus on the positives though because the interviews are actually super enjoyable so I am excited!! And LMH is so lovely!
Reply 721
I’m gonna be honest... I don’t think I’ve gotten in.

I had my interview for straight History on Wednesday and I honestly feel like I’ve blown it. I know it’s normal to over-analyse but I waffled, I repeated a lot of my points (most of which didn’t even make sense) and I didn’t feel challenged enough and so I don’t think I had the chance to fully excel and show-off. I really don’t want this dream to be over but now that I think about it more and more, I think my Oxford journey might be coming to a close. I just hope they look at it holistically where they look at the HAT score, GCSE scores etc etc otherwise I am SO SCREWED. I had one chance to prove myself and I honestly blew it.
Original post by nh2003
I’m gonna be honest... I don’t think I’ve gotten in.

I had my interview for straight History on Wednesday and I honestly feel like I’ve blown it. I know it’s normal to over-analyse but I waffled, I repeated a lot of my points (most of which didn’t even make sense) and I didn’t feel challenged enough and so I don’t think I had the chance to fully excel and show-off. I really don’t want this dream to be over but now that I think about it more and more, I think my Oxford journey might be coming to a close. I just hope they look at it holistically where they look at the HAT score, GCSE scores etc etc otherwise I am SO SCREWED. I had one chance to prove myself and I honestly blew it.

I'm certain you did better than you think! Nobody's interviews are perfect and it's so easy to freak out and look down on your interview performance, but they'll look at everything, with your interview and personal statement and HAT, so you never know! Until they say you don't have an offer, technically there's always still a chance :smile: don't worry about it too much
Reply 723
Has anyone had an interview at Oriel for straight History? I’ve got a second interview and would love to know what people’s experiences were! :smile:)
Original post by nh2003
Has anyone had an interview at Oriel for straight History? I’ve got a second interview and would love to know what people’s experiences were! :smile:)

reassuring to know some others have second interviews! i wonder how they’re deciding it - good luck :smile:
Did anyone who interviewed at Keble College get a second-interview yet? Was wondering if they had released them yet. Thanks!
Reply 726
This is the 2nd time I’ve been reallocated haha not sure anyone wants me :smile: but thank you, good luck to you too!!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by nh2003
This is the 2nd time I’ve been reallocated haha not sure anyone wants me :smile: but thank you, good luck to you too!!

How do you mean 2nd time reallocation?
Original post by nh2003

Hi I had an interview with Oriel for straight History last week :smile: (it was my college choice)
Trust me there is nothing to be worried about - the interviewers were so nice and the atmosphere was relaxed and just like a chat (I really enjoyed it!). Good luck, I'm sure you will smash it! Which day is it?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 729
Original post by ______an2903
Hi I had an interview with Oriel for straight History last week :smile: (it was my college choice)
Trust me there is nothing to be worried about - the interviewers were so nice and the atmosphere was relaxed and just like a chat (I really enjoyed it!). Good luck, I'm sure you will smash it! Which day is it?

Mine is on Tuesday! :smile:) it is a really nice college, I’m just nervous haha. Thank you!!
Reply 730
Original post by NekoPark
How do you mean 2nd time reallocation?

I applied to Pembroke initially, had my first interview with St Benet’s Hall and now I’ve been pooled to Oriel :smile:
Original post by mayalicekhushi
Did anyone who interviewed at Keble College get a second-interview yet? Was wondering if they had released them yet. Thanks!

^^^^ Are there any Keble applicants here? :biggrin:

I didn’t get an email yet, so it’s safe to assume I don’t have another interview. Kinda relieved cause I am drowning in IB work and exams at the moment 😓. Good luck to everyone else tho!!!!
Original post by 81Sarah26
Ahh I’m really overthinking it now because my Lincoln history interview was acc really enjoyable but maybe they thought it wasn’t so good!...I honestly have no clue what it means! Hopefully it’s a good thing!!

I had an Interview at Lincoln too and asked about this whole thing and the current students said it was basically random and to not read into it too much. I didn't get a second college interview so who knows. Good luck though!
(edited 3 years ago)

Yes, I interviewed at Keble and I got an email this morning saying that I have an additional interview at St Hughs! This is my 2nd reallocation since I originally applied to Worcester but I’m glad I’m able to have a 2nd chance. My first interview wasn’t awful but I feel I could’ve shown myself better if you know what I mean!
Original post by sarishaofthesha
Yes, I interviewed at Keble and I got an email this morning saying that I have an additional interview at St Hughs! This is my 2nd reallocation since I originally applied to Worcester but I’m glad I’m able to have a 2nd chance. My first interview wasn’t awful but I feel I could’ve shown myself better if you know what I mean!

Nice! Good luck, I'm sure you'll be amazing. Totally get what you mean - same here, actually! I didn't get reallocated but I did feel that I wasn't able to impress them or blow them away by any means - so, I am a little uneasy! But, I guess we'll see - it'll be a long Winter break ; ) :redface:
Has anyone who hasn’t been pooled for an interview at another college yet actually got an email telling them that? Interview invitation said we’d definitely be told either way if we get pooled or not but I haven’t heard anything from my college or any others today. Thanks :smile:
Reply 736

I have!
Original post by Caz44
I have!

Oh nice! How'd your first one go? And good luck!!!!!!
Original post by nh2003
Mine is on Tuesday! :smile:) it is a really nice college, I’m just nervous haha. Thank you!!

Yes, Oriel is lovely! How did you get on in the end? Sorry for being nosy :biggrin: but I'm just quite nervous about how my interview went and I can't really compare with many people as hardly anybody gets interviewed at Oriel.
p.s. How long was your interview? My interview overran considerably but it was probably because I waffled so much!
Reply 739
Original post by ______an2903
Yes, Oriel is lovely! How did you get on in the end? Sorry for being nosy :biggrin: but I'm just quite nervous about how my interview went and I can't really compare with many people as hardly anybody gets interviewed at Oriel.
p.s. How long was your interview? My interview overran considerably but it was probably because I waffled so much!

I think I waffled a lot more too and I needed too many prompts for things that were really obvious so I really don’t think I’ve gotten in. My interviewers were lovely though and my interview was only meant to be for half an hour but because one of my interviewers was having technical difficulties, it took about an hour to get through everything!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending