The Student Room Group

Brunel Vs Exeter Vs Plymouth for Conversion MSc

I've got an offer for all three. I'm looking into becoming a clinical psychologist. the question is which uni would give me the best stepping stone?

I'm thinking Exeter because of its reputation is the obvious choice.

I'm also working and would to remain working as FT as possible.

Tia
I've heard from a friend of mine that the lecturers are quite hit or miss in Brunel and most students I've heard aren't that satisfied with their lectures, although he is studying Engineering, not Psych. Apparently though, it has a very diverse student body and people are quite nice and friendly.
Can't say anything for the other unis though.
Original post by charimito
I've got an offer for all three. I'm looking into becoming a clinical psychologist. the question is which uni would give me the best stepping stone?

I'm thinking Exeter because of its reputation is the obvious choice.

I'm also working and would to remain working as FT as possible.

Tia

I am very-pro Exeter but here it is way better than the other two.
Reply 3
Well Exeter has its BPS accreditation pending (for this MSc) which makes me have massive second thoughts.
In order to eventually train as a Clinical Psychologist you need to first get GBC (presumably this is why you’re taking a conversion masters). It needs to be BPS-accredited. Reputation or not, I struggle to see why Exeter would even be an option in the face of the two accredited courses?
Reply 5
Yup, after being in touch with the BPS, it makes a lot more sense to do it at Brunel.

They've told me that they might get the accreditation in time but they might not and they're currently changing some of their policies so backdating an accreditation might not be possible.

Exeter says on their website that it should be accredited before the start of the MSc (which is why it was my first choice) but nothing has changed so...

Quick Reply

Latest