The Student Room Group

competition in mental health : tw!!

im talking in school. competition on how many scars, how bad scars are, suicide attempts you know...
i dont know if i just take everything the wrong way but it feels to me that girls particularly like to act as if their therapies, and contact with cyps / camhs are trophies. do you get what i mean?
its different to being open, i rate that but pushing out how unwell you are for others to compare is detrimental.
Original post by Anonymous
im talking in school. competition on how many scars, how bad scars are, suicide attempts you know...
i dont know if i just take everything the wrong way but it feels to me that girls particularly like to act as if their therapies, and contact with cyps / camhs are trophies. do you get what i mean?
its different to being open, i rate that but pushing out how unwell you are for others to compare is detrimental.

I 100% agree with you.
DSH doesn't make you more sick (or less sick).
Some people with depression have an alcohol problems. That doesn't automatically mean that the person with the alcohol problem has a worse depression than someone who has depression without an alcohol problem.
Its the same thing really.

I people compete over medications too.

Oooh your only on prozac.... I am on quitiapine.... Quitiapines sissy, I am on haloperidol....
I think that CAMHS staff make it worse themselves (especially IP).
(edited 3 years ago)
It was the same when I was in school. It's very sad.
Reply 3
I can't totally understand your post, but are you boy or girl yourself? Do you suffer from mental health problem yourself?
Never had this in school but did in psych hospitals. It’s a very toxic thing for sure.
Reply 5
Original post by Noodlzzz
Never had this in school but did in psych hospitals. It’s a very toxic thing for sure.

ow its so prevalent in mine, but in hospital its like alpha.
Reply 6
Original post by shebk
I can't totally understand your post, but are you boy or girl yourself? Do you suffer from mental health problem yourself?

i am a female and yes
Omg this was so me. I kind of feel like I was trying to fit in with friends and gain attention. Omggg so bad. The result. I have disgusting scars and over such stupid reasons that I feel like I deserve it . Punishments for being so stupid lol 😂

Quick Reply

Latest