competition in mental health : tw!!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
im talking in school. competition on how many scars, how bad scars are, suicide attempts you know...
i dont know if i just take everything the wrong way but it feels to me that girls particularly like to act as if their therapies, and contact with cyps / camhs are trophies. do you get what i mean?
its different to being open, i rate that but pushing out how unwell you are for others to compare is detrimental.
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
im talking in school. competition on how many scars, how bad scars are, suicide attempts you know...
i dont know if i just take everything the wrong way but it feels to me that girls particularly like to act as if their therapies, and contact with cyps / camhs are trophies. do you get what i mean?
its different to being open, i rate that but pushing out how unwell you are for others to compare is detrimental.
I 100% agree with you.
DSH doesn't make you more sick (or less sick).
Some people with depression have an alcohol problems. That doesn't automatically mean that the person with the alcohol problem has a worse depression than someone who has depression without an alcohol problem.
Its the same thing really.

I people compete over medications too.

Oooh your only on prozac.... I am on quitiapine.... Quitiapines sissy, I am on haloperidol....
I think that CAMHS staff make it worse themselves (especially IP).
Last edited by glassalice; 1 month ago
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It was the same when I was in school. It's very sad.
shebk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can't totally understand your post, but are you boy or girl yourself? Do you suffer from mental health problem yourself?
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Never had this in school but did in psych hospitals. It’s a very toxic thing for sure.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
Never had this in school but did in psych hospitals. It’s a very toxic thing for sure.
ow its so prevalent in mine, but in hospital its like alpha.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by shebk)
I can't totally understand your post, but are you boy or girl yourself? Do you suffer from mental health problem yourself?
i am a female and yes
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Omg this was so me. I kind of feel like I was trying to fit in with friends and gain attention. Omggg so bad. The result. I have disgusting scars and over such stupid reasons that I feel like I deserve it . Punishments for being so stupid lol 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (32)
21.05%
Less motivated (120)
78.95%

Watched Threads