The Student Room Group

Piercings at hartpury

I really want to get my nose pierced for my birthday (12th August) but then I'm supposed to be doing to hartpury on the 1st sept where your not supposed to have any. I am doing an equine course but the business one so no yard duties (I don't think so anyway 🤣) and I'm not riding as part of my courses so would only be on the yard in my own time. I guess what I'm trying to say is would I get a way with it or are they very strict, thankyou xx
Want is not need, so don't have a nose piercing then.
Original post by barnetlad
Want is not need, so don't have a nose piercing then.

I get what your saying, but In life most of the time you want things not need them. I mean i don't "need" lots of things but occasionally it's nice to do something to make yourself feel better about yourself.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by lottieroseee
I really want to get my nose pierced for my birthday (12th August) but then I'm supposed to be doing to hartpury on the 1st sept where your not supposed to have any. I am doing an equine course but the business one so no yard duties (I don't think so anyway 🤣) and I'm not riding as part of my courses so would only be on the yard in my own time. I guess what I'm trying to say is would I get a way with it or are they very strict, thankyou xx

If you are looking to get your septum pierced, then barbel nose rings can be flipped up inside the nostrils to hide them when you don't want them to be seen. However, if you are adament on getting a piercing done (especially a nose one), then I'd strongly recommend doing your research first on finding a good studio (go to a tattoo studio with a resident qualified piercer) because piercings are something which can be bodged suprisingly easily and they also require aftercare (so it really pays to go to someone who has the expertise on what they're doing).

If you don't believe how badly piercings can be bodged, then check out Roly's channel (also good for a laugh too): https://www.youtube.com/user/RolyUnGashaaHD

I don't know what hartpury is like but if they have a zero tolerance policy on facial piercings then I'd follow their warning. This year more people than ever have applied for university but a lot of people have also not faired well in their grades; unless you're an exceptional student by the uni's standards, I wouldn't push your luck (if they say they don't tolerate piercings, then don't be surprised if they make you take it out or cover it up with an embarrassing plaster!).

Don't forget that there is also a whole world of faux piercings (including faux nose piercings); perhaps given your circumstances, this would be a better option for you?
Original post by Feastful
If you are looking to get your septum pierced, then barbel nose rings can be flipped up inside the nostrils to hide them when you don't want them to be seen. However, if you are adament on getting a piercing done (especially a nose one), then I'd strongly recommend doing your research first on finding a good studio (go to a tattoo studio with a resident qualified piercer) because piercings are something which can be bodged suprisingly easily and they also require aftercare (so it really pays to go to someone who has the expertise on what they're doing).

If you don't believe how badly piercings can be bodged, then check out Roly's channel (also good for a laugh too): https://www.youtube.com/user/RolyUnGashaaHD

I don't know what hartpury is like but if they have a zero tolerance policy on facial piercings then I'd follow their warning. This year more people than ever have applied for university but a lot of people have also not faired well in their grades; unless you're an exceptional student by the uni's standards, I wouldn't push your luck (if they say they don't tolerate piercings, then don't be surprised if they make you take it out or cover it up with an embarrassing plaster!).

Don't forget that there is also a whole world of faux piercings (including faux nose piercings); perhaps given your circumstances, this would be a better option for you

Ok, thank you😊x
Original post by lottieroseee
Ok, thank you😊x

No problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest