The Student Room Group

Ear piercing

Hi when I do get my ear pierced, does the piercing hole stay in my ear forever?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fintan1993
Hi when I do get my ear pierced, does the piercing hole stay in my ear forever?

Yes, but if you don't wear earrings for a long time it can close up. This tends to happen in the first few weeks when the piercing is new (but rare)
Reply 2
Original post by yoooo123
Yes, but if you don't wear earrings for a long time it can close up. This tends to happen in the first few weeks when the piercing is new (but rare)

Yeah that’s what a girl who I was good mates told me. But she also told me she thinks a earring would look good in my ear. I remember asking the same girl a question about having a hole in my ear, she said “yeah I think so I have 3 in mine haha”.
Yeah that’s what a girl who I was good mates told me. But she also told me she thinks a earring would look good in my ear. I remember asking the same girl a question about having a hole in my ear, she said “yeah I think so I have 3 in mine haha”.

Right. Yeah if you want a piercing you should go for it! And if you change ur mind later it's fine because its a tiny hole anyway and it might go away
Mine healed up after I didn't wear earrings for a few years - I had to have them re-pierced.
Reply 5
Right. Yeah if you want a piercing you should go for it! And if you change ur mind later it's fine because its a tiny hole anyway and it might go away

Is it best to stay stud or go for an earring. Because another girl insisted I look good with a stud in my ear.
Reply 6
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Mine healed up after I didn't wear earrings for a few years - I had to have them re-pierced

Was the piercing hole still easy to see in your ear?
That I can't remember I'm afraid. I was 11 when I first had my ears pierced, and 14 when I had them re-pierced.
I'm 39 now so we're talking a loooong time ago.
Reply 8
That I can't remember I'm afraid. I was 11 when I first had my ears pierced, and 14 when I had them re-pierced.
I'm 39 now so we're talking a loooong time ago.

Do you still wear earrings in your ears today?
Do you still wear earrings in your ears today?

Yes

But a few years ago (maybe 8 years ago or so) I stopped wearing them for several months, and they started to heal up at the back. I could only get my earrings in half way through. I ended up just sort of shoving them in very hard so I could make a hole through the back again.

Since then I bought some sleeper hoops that I keep in all the time. I don't really want them to start healing up again.
Yes

But a few years ago (maybe 8 years ago or so) I stopped wearing them for several months, and they started to heal up at the back. I could only get my earrings in half way through. I ended up just sort of shoving them in very hard so I could make a hole through the back again.

Since then I bought some sleeper hoops that I keep in all the time. I don't really want them to start healing up again.

Oh yeah that’s fine enough. I wasn’t sure if I should wear sleeper earrings in my ear or just a stud?
Yes

What would you recommend I wear a stud or an earring?
What would you recommend I wear a stud or an earring?

Studs are more uncomfortable to sleep in
Studs are more uncomfortable to sleep in

So if I do get my ear pierced I have to have a stud in my ear for the first 6 weeks, then after that I can take it out and change it to a sleeper.
So if I do get my ear pierced I have to have a stud in my ear for the first 6 weeks, then after that I can take it out and change it to a sleeper.

Not necessarily

My daughter's first earrings when she first had her ears pierced were ball closure rings. Those were the ones she had to keep in for 6 weeks.
Is it best to stay stud or go for an earring. Because another girl insisted I look good with a stud in my ear.

Maybe start with a stud since it's lighter and easier to take care of. Then you can wear a ring once ur used to it?
Maybe start with a stud since it's lighter and easier to take care of. Then you can wear a ring once ur used to it?

That is a fantastic idea, I might give it a try. I’ve heard it’s better to get pierced with a needle not the gun.
Not necessarily

My daughter's first earrings when she first had her ears pierced were ball closure rings. Those were the ones she had to keep in for 6 weeks.

Oh thank you so much for your advice.
Reply 18
Yes

I do !! Because as I’ve got older the hole has lowered on the lobe and I can’t wear heavier danglies. I’m having mine stitched closed and the repierced this summer 😂
Original post by Euapp
I do !! Because as I’ve got older the hole has lowered on the lobe and I can’t wear heavier danglies. I’m having mine stitched closed and the repierced this summer 😂

When you get them pierced your ears start to hurt a little bit afterwards.

Quick Reply

Latest