The Student Room Group

Nose Piercings- Law Industry

Hi there!

I am 16 year old, currently doing my GCSEs, and recently had my nose piercing for my birthday for cultural reasons. I also have three lobe piercings.

I wish to pursue a career in Law and wish to go to UCL Law. I can easily put in a retainer for my interview for Uni for my ears and nose, however I was wondering what Magic Circle/Silver Circle views are on a nose piercing. I do not want any more facial piercings and depending on how strict they are with piercings, I might get a cartilage done so it can heal and I can put in a retainer in time of interviews.

Does anyone know how people with piercings are treated at Law Firms? (I would not mind if I have to put in a retainer in my nose for the rest of my life!)

Thank you!
Original post by rj1.706
Hi there!

I am 16 year old, currently doing my GCSEs, and recently had my nose piercing for my birthday for cultural reasons. I also have three lobe piercings.

I wish to pursue a career in Law and wish to go to UCL Law. I can easily put in a retainer for my interview for Uni for my ears and nose, however I was wondering what Magic Circle/Silver Circle views are on a nose piercing. I do not want any more facial piercings and depending on how strict they are with piercings, I might get a cartilage done so it can heal and I can put in a retainer in time of interviews.

Does anyone know how people with piercings are treated at Law Firms? (I would not mind if I have to put in a retainer in my nose for the rest of my life!)

Thank you!

Depends on the firm, but unlikely to be an issue. The ear piercings won't even be noticed and if the nose piercing is for cultural reasons the firm would probably be too worried about accusations of discrimination to say anything.
Reply 2
Original post by Gmaster1980
Depends on the firm, but unlikely to be an issue. The ear piercings won't even be noticed and if the nose piercing is for cultural reasons the firm would probably be too worried about accusations of discrimination to say anything.

Thank you! You are right, they wouldn't want to say anything discriminating against my piercing as it is cultural.
And if they were to then you could remind them
Reply 4
Original post by Il1L
And if they were to then you could remind them

true true
Original post by rj1.706
Hi there!

Thank you!

Hi! I do not believe that law firms would criticise your piercing if you say it is cultural. However, my advice to you would be to perhaps have a small, dainty piece of jewellery in your nose because even though chances are law firms would not say anything unfortunately piercings generally in the legal industry are still slightly frowned upon. Saying that it is completely up to you and I am generalizing slightly. Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending