The Student Room Group

Taking Autumn exams and starting Uni at the same time.

So saying that Uni starts around at the end of September. And I’m only taking 2 subjects for autumn exams within October

Would it be doable?? Or am I taking a big risk?

Don’t ask why I’m taking Autumn exams when I’ve already got a place at uni. It’s a very long story that I can’t be asked to explain

Thank you in advance!
Original post by Jcat894
So saying that Uni starts around at the end of September. And I’m only taking 2 subjects for autumn exams within October

Would it be doable?? Or am I taking a big risk?

Don’t ask why I’m taking Autumn exams when I’ve already got a place at uni. It’s a very long story that I can’t be asked to explain

Thank you in advance!

I think if you're willing to sacrifice freshers week/month, then it's do-able.

Then again, there won't be much going on with social distancing etc...
Reply 2
Original post by Blue_Cow
I think if you're willing to sacrifice freshers week/month, then it's do-able.

Then again, there won't be much going on with social distancing etc...

That’s exactly what I thought.

At what point does University start getting ‘serious’ academically? I don’t know how to word it but hopefully you get what I mean lol. I’ve heard the first few weeks of uni are very introductory and not so intense.
Original post by Jcat894
That’s exactly what I thought.

At what point does University start getting ‘serious’ academically? I don’t know how to word it but hopefully you get what I mean lol. I’ve heard the first few weeks of uni are very introductory and not so intense.

Well, you have exams in January usually (December if you're in Scotland), and you'll probably have some mid-term exams October/Nov time.

You're right, the first few weeks are generally very introductory and will most likely cover A-level at speed.
Reply 4
Original post by Blue_Cow
Well, you have exams in January usually (December if you're in Scotland), and you'll probably have some mid-term exams October/Nov time.

You're right, the first few weeks are generally very introductory and will most likely cover A-level at speed.

Thank you for your advice! Really helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending