The Student Room Group

GCSE History Advice?

Hi, I'm currently in year 9, doing AQA History. We have the finished the Germany unit at school, however I think my notes aren't very detailed (which is necessary to elaborate the points). Could anyone advise me on what I should do or how I should study to be able to elaborate the points further and be able to answer in detail?
Also, does anyone have their previous notes, a website/pdfs or a book they recommend?
Get the Oxford GCSE revision guides. You should have 4 modules so would have to buy four separate (but thin) books. They are much thinner than the textbooks, much more condensed and have all the information you need to get a 9. I got the highest score in my year with them. They are amazing... but can be semi-expensive if you buy them brand new as you have to buy 4. Definitely worth it. Also, work out a structure to use for each question type and remember it. You will need to remember a few statistics for each subheading to shove in there and certain 'trigger' words, like 'this led to' etc. Hope this helps :smile:
Get the Oxford GCSE revision guides. You should have 4 modules so would have to buy four separate (but thin) books. They are much thinner than the textbooks, much more condensed and have all the information you need to get a 9. I got the highest score in my year with them. They are amazing... but can be semi-expensive if you buy them brand new as you have to buy 4. Definitely worth it. Also, work out a structure to use for each question type and remember it. You will need to remember a few statistics for each subheading to shove in there and certain 'trigger' words, like 'this led to' etc. Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest