The Student Room Group

Sixth form entry 2020

I got a 6 in chemistry and biology for my gcse results. I was predicted a 7 for biology but it's fine that I didn't get that because I need a grade 6 for biology. I got a 5 for my maths when I was predicted a 6/7 throughout year 10-11. The sixth form I want to go to require a grade 6 for maths to do biology and chemistry alevel. I emailed my school about appealing but they haven't replied. I'm not sure what to do anymore.
Appeal your grades if you can but most importantly email the sixth form you applied to and tell them your situation.
Original post by RiemannN
Appeal your grades if you can but most importantly email the sixth form you applied to and tell them your situation.

Thank you for your message. I emailed the sixth form. Also, my deputy head message back and forth. Then she said if you feel like it's discrimination, then do it.
Original post by anon20042004
Thank you for your message. I emailed the sixth form. Also, my deputy head message back and forth. Then she said if you feel like it's discrimination, then do it.

Do you think you there has been some sort of discrimination or bias?
I think I'm gonna leave it. I feel like appealing won't do anything especially since my school won't appeal for me. I got a place at a sixth form when I sent my maths gcse grades along with my predicted grades for math which was 7 and I needed a 6 for the sixth form. Luckily, the head of science let me in. I'm preparing now to resit maths to secure a 7 to get to a good uni. Thanks for ur advice.

Quick Reply

Latest