The Student Room Group

6th form application grades

If i wanted to go into a certain subject, say chemistry, and the grade requirement is a 6 in maths and 6 in chemistry, would they still accept you if you didn't receive a 6 in maths?
Reply 1
Original post by chrisotrper
If i wanted to go into a certain subject, say chemistry, and the grade requirement is a 6 in maths and 6 in chemistry, would they still accept you if you didn't receive a 6 in maths?

i dont think so...they are called grade requirement for a reason
Reply 2
Original post by chrisotrper

If your chosen study centre is lenient enough, for example your school, then the teachers will most probably let you in as they know your potential and sixth form entry requirements are not that strict at all, just a guideline.

For my school, plenty of people didn’t quite reach the requirements and still got in! So don't worry!
Depends on the sixth form in question. The sixth form college my daughter is at is quite strict on sticking to their entry requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending