The Student Room Group

confused wht to pick for a levels

so going to year 12 in September, happy with what i got in gcse,2 8s, and rest are 7s

the subjects i want to pick for a levels are: maths, biology, chemistry , geography and health & social

obviously i wont be picking all, i just need to pick 3 out of these, wanna be a pharmacist (something like pharmacist, not definetly,i am still thinking wht i wanna be)
so rn its biology, geography, and the 3rd one im stuck between maths chemistry or health & social ._.

picking a levels is way harder than i thought, also heard that maths and science subjects are really hard which is making me even more confused wht to pick :frown:

pls help if you have any ideas wht these subjects are like, or if you have any tips
Original post by Thewanabenerd
so going to year 12 in September, happy with what i got in gcse,2 8s, and rest are 7s

the subjects i want to pick for a levels are: maths, biology, chemistry , geography and health & social

obviously i wont be picking all, i just need to pick 3 out of these, wanna be a pharmacist (something like pharmacist, not definetly,i am still thinking wht i wanna be)
so rn its biology, geography, and the 3rd one im stuck between maths chemistry or health & social ._.

picking a levels is way harder than i thought, also heard that maths and science subjects are really hard which is making me even more confused wht to pick :frown:

pls help if you have any ideas wht these subjects are like, or if you have any tips

You should pick chemistry and bio because many universities want 2 sciences so you could get into medicines. I hated geography as it has too much content but you got a good grade for it so you’re able to get a good grade at A level. But you should pick an easier A level as chem and bio have a lot of content to it. I got a 55 in combined science because the school downgraded me. I wanted to pick bio and chem at A level but I’m struggling as I didn’t meet the requirements. Cuz if corona now hopefully they let me off as I am going to retake combined science in November.
Original post by Kalzinoo
You should pick chemistry and bio because many universities want 2 sciences so you could get into medicines. I hated geography as it has too much content but you got a good grade for it so you’re able to get a good grade at A level. But you should pick an easier A level as chem and bio have a lot of content to it. I got a 55 in combined science because the school downgraded me. I wanted to pick bio and chem at A level but I’m struggling as I didn’t meet the requirements. Cuz if corona now hopefully they let me off as I am going to retake combined science in November.

Oh thanks for the recommendation, will definitely consider it! idk about medicine those, those are for proper people who get like 9s, doubt i will get in :frown:

Also best of luck for your retake in november :borat:

Hope you get what you want and you get to pick the subjects for the a levels!:clap2:
(edited 3 years ago)
maths, bio and chem would be the BEST options and would open MORE doors!
Original post by bored_user:)
maths, bio and chem would be the BEST options and would open MORE doors!

Thanks for the idea! i would pick those 3 but i have like low confidence, those 3 subjects cover a lot of topics, which may be hard for me to cover on a day to day basis when revising :frown:
Thanks for the idea! i would pick those 3 but i have like low confidence, those 3 subjects cover a lot of topics, which may be hard for me to cover on a day to day basis when revising :frown:

However those would definitely be the best options if you want to study something like pharmacy at uni
Original post by bored_user:)
However those would definitely be the best options if you want to study something like pharmacy at uni

ohhh i will look into those subjects topics in a level and see how it is, thanks!!:yep:

Have you checked degree requirements?

Maybe put some choices in here: https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/a-level-explorer
Original post by Muttley79
Have you checked degree requirements?

Maybe put some choices in here: https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/a-level-explorer

yes, i will try out the link, thanks! :^_^:
Oh thanks for the recommendation, will definitely consider it! idk about medicine those, those are for proper people who get like 9s, doubt i will get in :frown:

Also best of luck for your retake in november :borat:

Hope you get what you want and you get to pick the subjects for the a levels!:clap2:

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest