The Student Room Group

OCR 2023 A level maths pure and stats

What answers did everyone get in the 2023 OCR A level pure and stats because wht was that abomination of a paper
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Which questions do you wanna know….
Reply 2
Original post by ab25903
Which questions do you wanna know….

Whichever ones you remember
Reply 3
Original post by hithereimhere
Whichever ones you remember

Well i remember damn near all of it…. Completing the square was easy just (x-4)^2 -5 so minimum was ( 4,-5) then q2 was smt easy i forgot q3 was integrate 1/(x+2) between 0 and 2.5 so it should be ln(4.5/2) then q4 was the parabola with the find tana which is 5 and point B was something like (-3/2,9/4) then 5 i forgot 6 was just the show that the area is whatever which was straight forward once you just sub y=x so that y^2 -6y+y^2 +a = 0 so you can then find M which is (3/2,3/2) then you know A, B and M so you can find area. The proof was just a=sqrt(2(2b+1)) then if 2 is a factor of square root of a then the square root is even and the square root of an odd number cannot be even therefore a= even. Then it was a box and whisker plot with median 49 and you reject 02,10 as they are more than 1.5x IQR. Then there was the binomial question and the largest value of X was 10 and then the tree disease one was smt like 0.8475 for part a
Reply 4
Original post by ab25903
Well i remember damn near all of it…. Completing the square was easy just (x-4)^2 -5 so minimum was ( 4,-5) then q2 was smt easy i forgot q3 was integrate 1/(x+2) between 0 and 2.5 so it should be ln(4.5/2) then q4 was the parabola with the find tana which is 5 and point B was something like (-3/2,9/4) then 5 i forgot 6 was just the show that the area is whatever which was straight forward once you just sub y=x so that y^2 -6y+y^2 +a = 0 so you can then find M which is (3/2,3/2) then you know A, B and M so you can find area. The proof was just a=sqrt(2(2b+1)) then if 2 is a factor of square root of a then the square root is even and the square root of an odd number cannot be even therefore a= even. Then it was a box and whisker plot with median 49 and you reject 02,10 as they are more than 1.5x IQR. Then there was the binomial question and the largest value of X was 10 and then the tree disease one was smt like 0.8475 for part a

thanks sm
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by ab25903

I thought there were no outliers because isn’t it like Q1-1.5xIQR and then Q2+1.5IQR

Quick Reply

Latest