The Student Room Group

Quiz of the week! Episode 4!

Welcome to Quiz of the Week: The Last of the August Wine News!

:yeah: This week's quiz is happening this Saturday (29th August) at 20:00 UK time! :yeah:

This week will see questions on all things news - exclusively events that have happened in the last 7 days. Expect headlines, expect photos, and (most crucially for a quiz) expect some questions that you have to answer! :zomg:

The Rules:
- Questions will be posted in the thread every 5 minutes
- There will be 10 questions in total
- Post your answer in the thread, putting it in a spoiler might be beneficial so others don't see it
- Post you answer before the next question is asked in order for your answer to be counted. :yy:
- Don't cheat :naughty:

Once again we'll have a prize of 100 rep points for the winner! For more information on the series of weekly quizzes and notifications when quizzes take place, visit the master thread!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Quoting everyone who's posted in the last two quizzes. :blow:

Spoiler

ay y not :dumbells:
Reply 4
Can we change the timing of these to a time like midday so i can take part ? :frown: The current one means i'm unable to being 7am on a sunday morning out of the question :frown:
Well, if I am around I might take part. This will be interesting as I am currently on a 'news' break.
I'd sort of forgotten it was quiz night but I should be around!
Reply 7
I’ll be there
Original post by Napp
Can we change the timing of these to a time like midday so i can take part ? :frown: The current one means i'm unable to being 7am on a sunday morning out of the question :frown:

I'm sure that's something we can think about to vary the time a little bit in future weeks.

Just tagging @CatusStarbright for reference. :smile:
Original post by 04MR17
I'm sure that's something we can think about to vary the time a little bit in future weeks.

Just tagging @CatusStarbright for reference. :smile:

Yes, this has been flagged to me before. Ultimately the time depends on availability, but I'm sure there could be a slightly earlier one sometime. Midday would be about 1am in New Zealand would it not @Napp?
8 minutes to go (and counting)!!! :blow:

[video="youtube;NNiTxUEnmKI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNiTxUEnmKI[/video]
Question 1:
A palaeontologist stumbled upon a 166-million-year-old dinosaur fossil this week on the Scottish island of Eigg. But which kind of dinosaur was it?
(Hint: it's fairly well known)

:beard:

Answers in a spoiler if possible please. :colondollar:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Question 2:
YouTube have confirmed that Korean boy band BTS published the first video to be viewed more than 100 million times in 24 hours! :yikes:
But what was the name of the song - the group's first to be sung entirely in English - that broke the record?

They do get gradually easier, I'm starting with the harder ones (in my opinion!) :colondollar:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending