The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think I'm the same syllabus as you. Whoopee.

Thought I'd just drop that in there.

Anyway, before summer I actually thought of the same synoptic question and decided I'd read On Liberty & The German Ideology before summer finishes. I haven't kept my promise; but have you read both the texts?

Anyway, I hear the best question to do is the Plato/Plato+Mill one. I don't know which one I'm doing for sure yet. It's all up to you, though.
Sanyore
I think I'm the same syllabus as you. Whoopee.

Thought I'd just drop that in there.

Anyway, before summer I actually thought of the same synoptic question and decided I'd read On Liberty & The German Ideology before summer finishes. I haven't kept my promise; but have you read both the texts?

Anyway, I hear the best question to do is the Plato/Plato+Mill one. I don't know which one I'm doing for sure yet. It's all up to you, though.

Oh, my teacher decided for us ages ago, I didn't know we could choose. I think that one is best anyway because we studied (if you can call it study) The German Ideology at AS (long story cut short - we all did really badly in that unit because we had a crap teacher for it)

Um, I'm in the process of reading On Liberty and haven't ever read The German Ideology (bad I know) but I will, promise:rolleyes:
Sorry to bump this thread (I know it's a month old) but I found it through Google and I didn't really want to make another one.

Does anyone know of any good help sites for the A2 AQA Philosophy course?

I think the problem is that it is so different as I am doing Aristotle's Ethics as a set text. I'm doing Philosophy of Mind for PLY5 and for my synoptic I'm doing Satre vs Aristotle.
Reply 4
If you're struggling with the synoptic, consider switching to the complementary study or whatever.
I started off doing Sartre Versus Marx, which sounds easy enough, but was very hard as I'd never studied Marx and really couldn't get to grips with it enough to write sensibly about it. I switched to doing the just Sartre one, which was so much easier as we'd studied Sartre the year before and I get it. Then you can bring in other philosophers when you fancy (I did end up doing Marx, but not in ridiculous detail). I just think you're working on firmer ground if you go for complimentary.

Oh, and I think On Liberty is far easier than the other set texts.
Levity

Oh, and I think On Liberty is far easier than the other set texts.

Now I've started my lessons, I couldn't agree more; it's quite straightforward, despite Mill's long-winded sentences... :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending