The Student Room Group

Edexcel Politics Exam A-level 9GE0 P 1,2,3 5th/8th/13th Oct 2020 - Exam Discussion

Edexcel A-level Politics 9PL0 - Paper 1,2 and 3 5th/8th/13th October 2020

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... It's all here Feel free to add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others

This thread covers the following papers:

9PLO Paper 1,2,3 5th/8th/13th October 2020

The official specification:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Politics/2017/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/A-level-Politics-Specification.pdf

List of Recommended Resources:

Autumn Exam Megathread - Autumn Exam Thread Directory

Scroll to see replies

How did you guys find it?
I think I did good on the source questions and decently on the first one but I had no idea what to write for either of the 30 markers it was acc a mess. What about you? Which question did you choose?
Original post by Sarah9102
I think I did good on the source questions and decently on the first one but I had no idea what to write for either of the 30 markers it was acc a mess. What about you? Which question did you choose?

proper bad, the paper was horrible , i did the voting behaviour source , pressure group and civil liberties one for second and liberalism wby?
Did anybody else nothave their school finish the whole content before we were kicked out.
Original post by Londonsfinest
Did anybody else nothave their school finish the whole content before we were kicked out.

yh i did
Original post by strawberryeater
yh i did

I didn't finish multiculturalism so I had to teach myself so I'm worried for tommorow especially considering they won't change the grade boundaries.
I didn't finish multiculturalism so I had to teach myself so I'm worried for tommorow especially considering they won't change the grade boundaries.

how do you know their not changing the grade boundaries?
how do you know their not changing the grade boundaries?

They said the grade boundaries are being done in the same way as usual.
They said the grade boundaries are being done in the same way as usual.

they mean that they're going to set them the same way they've done in previous years, so by averaging it out and top 10% get a* and so on
they mean that they're going to set them the same way they've done in previous years, so by averaging it out and top 10% get a* and so on

Na they compare it based on the standards of each paper rather than a set amount of people getting each grade.

www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/results-days/grade-boundaries
please tell me i’m not the inly one who found the ideologies and 2nd questions incredibly hard? cabinet in 2010 there’s very limited you could right it was a ****ing ridiculous question
i did supreme court for knowledge
Original post by berrylol
i did supreme court for knowledge

what did u wrote
what did u wrote

Judicial independece, they can declare an act of incompatibility and their neutrality
please tell me i’m not the inly one who found the ideologies and 2nd questions incredibly hard? cabinet in 2010 there’s very limited you could right it was a ****ing ridiculous question

I thought it was alright unless I majorly messed up. What ideology did you do?
Original post by berrylol
Judicial independece, they can declare an act of incompatibility and their neutrality

oh same
I thought today’s exam was 10x better than the first
Nationalism was pretty broad which was good
What questions did you do for the first two?

Latest

Trending

Trending