The Student Room Group

When to start booking open days??

hi, i have just started year 12 and its going really well
just curious to know when people think the best time to look at unis is??
year 12 or 13??
their is an virtual open day this Saturday for derby should i book or wait till next year??
If you want to see what uni life is like now there's no harm in having a look at the open day, especially now they're all virtual. It might help you in starting to think about what subject you'd want to do.

You can still go to the open days next year as well if you want.
Reply 2
Original post by Kogomogo
If you want to see what uni life is like now there's no harm in having a look at the open day, especially now they're all virtual. It might help you in starting to think about what subject you'd want to do.

You can still go to the open days next year as well if you want.

Okay thank you, I'm thinking about studying journalism and criminology
i did all my uni open days in year 12, idk the earlier you start the more time you have to decide which of the unis you've visited are right for you. nothing wrong with visiting some in year 13, of course.
Original post by emily.g34
Okay thank you, I'm thinking about studying journalism and criminology

It certainly won't hurt to attend a couple subject talks and start delving into what each involve, you'll have more time to think, research and decide before applying. It might also be worth seeing at the open day if there's anything you can do this year to help support your application, get more experience and more to talk about than most.
Original post by emily.g34
hi, i have just started year 12 and its going really well
just curious to know when people think the best time to look at unis is??
year 12 or 13??
their is an virtual open day this Saturday for derby should i book or wait till next year??

Hi @emily.g34,

As others have mentioned, you're welcome to book an Open Day whenever it is useful to you - multiple times if needed.

As you know, we have our 'Open Day Live' event on Saturday - this is a one-off style event hosted by TV presenter Radzi Chinyanganya. You can watch along as Radzi explores a full schedule of info about Derby, and optionally take part in some Unibuddy text chats running alongside it if you like.

Hope you find it useful - it'll certainly be unique! :smile:

^Ryan

Quick Reply

Latest