The Student Room Group

Official: Anglia Ruskin University A100/A101 2023 Offer Holders Thread

Hi All
Congratulations for getting an Offer from ARU for your Medicine course. Please use this thread to interact with fellow students.

Tagging @_Rusty_ to do the needful

Have you booked your Offer holder day?

Edited to add - Its is either 4th or 25th March - There is railwork going on, so check the travel time before booking . We booked 4th and our travel time was 3hrs, changed it to 25th and its 1.05 hrs. There's a Bus replacement service for people going from Liverpool Street, London.

Has anyone tried to take the free rail ticket offer? - Its very easy, use the code provided in the email and in checkout, add code, it'll be £0 . Would take 5 working days to get by post, so book earlier.

How many of you have firmed? It'll be really useful if you mention about firming / Insuring or declining. Reserve list candidates will use this information to track their chances. I'll update numbers on this post

Edited to add this information from Accommodation booking - Link is https://housing.anglia.ac.uk/StarRezPortalX/3FC1B7E7/1/1/Home-Welcome_to_the_Angli?UrlToken=F52B7B09

September 2023 starters

Students Starting courses in September 2023 will be able to apply for a room from 10am on Thursday 30 March 2023

We will be accepting bookings from students who have firmly accepted a conditional or unconditional offer to study a full time course from September 2023 only

(This means, school leavers, who Insure the offer, may not be able to book accommodation)

Link to Ask ARU thread, they are good at replying to our queries

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3489051

Tracking numbers
Firmed - 1
Insured
Declined

Volunteer Note: Please do not share or ask for off-site contact details, this includes other forums and social media. This is against TSR rules and it is there for the safety of yourself and others. Thanks
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

PRSOM

Thanks, just added a note due to many rule-breaking posts in these threads before:smile:
Reply 2
I've booked the offer holder day for the 4th! Anyone else?
Thanks for starting up the thread!!

I've booked my offer holder day for the 24th anyone else?

Also has anyone looked into accommodation yet? Can you only apply once you've put ARU as your firm?
Reply 4
This is the reason offer holder threads are useful! It is off topic for people without an offer, but a really useful but of info for those deciding where to firm/accept.
Your level of research and the way you remember the details of past posts always impresses me - your son is very lucky to have you, and do tell him I said so :lol:
Original post by luigis
I've booked the offer holder day for the 4th! Anyone else?

also booked for the 4th!!
Reply 6
no other offers yet, but I am perfectly happy with aru! How about your son?
Reply 7
Hi MedMom! Thanks for creating this thread.
My daughter is planning to go on the 4th for the offer day. She has Plymouth offer as well in hand. Need to weigh the pros and cons of each and then firm. Plymouth has not released their offer day yet.. so may be after reviewing that take a firm decision.
So because of COVID, I wasn't able to go to any offer holder days last year, because of this I am unsure with how common it is to take parents.

It depends on what your son wants. I would probably take my mum with me because she would think of questions I wouldn't. This is the start of your sons journey and he has to take charge of that.

You can always go up another time with your son:smile:
I'm still here! Just kept this on my watched yesterday :hugs:

It's quite common for parents to come with, you might get separated at some point during the day for the candidates to have a talk with the one of the staff depending on what they've organised.

Can I just confirm whether ARU have called this an Applicant's Day or an official Offer holder's day? What I've said above is relevant to the Applicant's Day, since I didn't attend any offer holder's days either like @_Rusty_
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 10
Original post by KA_P
I'm still here! Just kept this on my watched yesterday :hugs:

It's quite common for parents to come with, you might get separated at some point during the day for the candidates to have a talk with the one of the staff depending on what they've organised.

Can I just confirm whether ARU have called this an Applicant's Day or an official Offer holder's day? What I've said above is relevant to the Applicant's Day, since I didn't attend any offer holder's days either like @_Rusty_

It’s called an applicant’s day but I think invites were only given to offer holders??
I'm glad :h:

I'm enjoying it so far, it's a lot at some points in terms of content but you quickly realise that everyone works at their own pace. Clinical skills is very interesting and the regular placements make a huge difference to how confident you are in those clinical skills and talking to patients.

There's various options for accomodation. You can live in the student village, which is a set of flats, varying in total room numbers. You should be able to get an accommodation tour during Applicant's day. Medical students are usually blocked together, however I would like to highlight that there are pros and cons to this (let me know if you would like me to explain further on this).

There is also private accomodation just beside the campus across the river, which you could enquire about (I think they're called the islands), as well as other private accomodation near the city centre.
Yes that's fine! Accomodation portal should be available from early March onwards and you should be able to log in 24 hrs after firming.

Medical students being blocked together can end up in various circumstances. For some people it really works, for others it may not. The below are from my observations and may not apply to everyone, but I thought that a realistic view might help.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I hope that helps :smile:
Congratulations to you and your son the offer! I see you on so many threads the dedication is unwavering💪🏽
Quick question - Are people bringing their parents to the offer holder day thing?? I've never been to one so not sure if people tend to go alone or bring them?
people who've booked applicant day for the 4th, has anyone gotten any confirmation email with any info. about where to meet etc. i booked but haven't gotten any follow up, idk which building to go to tmrw
I think the applicant day timetable has the building/rooms on it. I'm assuming meet up will be in the medical building though?
Original post by kzkjdnks
people who've booked applicant day for the 4th, has anyone gotten any confirmation email with any info. about where to meet etc. i booked but haven't gotten any follow up, idk which building to go to tmrw

https://aru.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/applicants/welcome-to-your-day

the timetable has the location and time

I think there will be guides dotted around, just in case you're unsure.
it was really fun the place looks awesome and I got a free tote bag and a little notebook. I applied for nursing so we did some CPR and choking training. and yeah the accommodation I looked at was 600 pounds a month. The one right next to it I don't know the name.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending