The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
englishstudent

Main course: Turkey, dumplings, carrots, brocolli, stuffing, cranberry sauce, lots of gravy.

Dessert: Lemon tart with strawberries on top.

dumplings yeah! :smile:
swishmasta
dumplings yeah! :smile:

Did you have them?

I always assumed it was a Polish (or German) thing! I prefer them to potatoes.
Reply 22
Had a delicious dinner as always..starters were sea food stuff and various pates and toast, then turkey with bread sauce (yum yum yum), cranberry sauce, roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots, sprouts (yuk..didn't touch them), stuffing and gravy, the xmas pud and lemon lime tart with brandy butter and cream for pud :biggrin:

Ate and drank so so much..feeling slightly drunk and a bit sick. Excellent :biggrin:
Reply 23
englishstudent
Did you have them?

I always assumed it was a Polish (or German) thing! I prefer them to potatoes.

nah, but ive tasted them before, they nice!!!!!
Reply 24
Mmm mine was great! I had sweet potatoes with some kind of cinnamon sauce, spring mix salad,turkey,gravy,jelly cranberry sauce,solid cranberry sauce,mashed potatoes,stuffing and peas! ughh I'm so stuffed!! :smile:

*edit* oh and rolls with butter! :biggrin:
swishmasta
nah, but ive tasted them before, they nice!!!!!

Yeah, they're great.

Oh I also had Vol au Vons which are just incredible - such a good starter!
Reply 26
I dont know why, but I didnt feel eating today.lol. Although turkey was on the table I didnt want to eat it. The only thing I remember I ate was couple of fruits, olives and salad.Thats about it.
Reply 27
swishmasta
just had mine, and man!!! my stomach is about to explode! had rice,beef, chicken,potatoes,peas, all sorts, what did you guys have...........

We have chrsitmas Lunch here. It was massive, we had fresh seafood galore, BBQ prawns, Moreton Bay Bugs, fish, calamari etc etc. We had a christmas ham, chicken, about 4 different salads. It was fantastic.
Reply 28
swishmasta
just had mine, and man!!! my stomach is about to explode! had rice,beef, chicken,potatoes,peas, all sorts, what did you guys have...........

OMG

I'm a veggie so I had. Macoroni without cheese....salad. bread. yams.

while my family had.

ham
macoroni and cheese
yams
salad
bread
Reply 29
Mine was delicious, I had Mash Potatoes, Roasties, Peas, Turkey with panchetta and Normal stuffing and Gravy 'twas Very Nice :biggrin:
curryADD
OMG

I'm a veggie so I had. Macoroni without cheese....salad. bread. yams.

while my family had.

ham
macoroni and cheese
yams
salad
bread

i am no veggie, but i have a personal love affair with macaroni and cheese. 99% of the food being digested in my stomach at the moment is actually macaroni and cheese- 4get the turkey! :smile:

however, i am now falling in love with pineappple punch (which is quite filling) so i have to make my mind up soon b4 i explode! :eek:
Reply 31
rainjan_4now
i am no veggie, but i have a personal love affair with macaroni and cheese. 99% of the food being digested in my stomach at the moment is actually macaroni and cheese- 4get the turkey! :smile:

however, i am now falling in love with pineappple punch (which is quite filling) so i have to make my mind up soon b4 i explode! :eek:

i hate macoroni and cheese.....it is SO bland.
Reply 32
my dad challenged mum to make a curry from brussel sprouts...and it was pretty good!! anyway we had other niceties in reserve, in case the sprouts unleashed their vilness in the curry as well.

ate far too much......can't.....stuff....more...chocolate...in.....self
Reply 33
lol <----wow. four character messages now! TSR has moved up a notch!
Reply 34
no starter, chicken, roast potatoes (that my grandparents hated) stuffing and yorkshire pudding (they needed to be used up!) and no desert! pretty crap really lol
Reply 35
The usual: Roast turkey, roast potatoes, vegetables, and some other stuff...

The turkey was huge, and I proabably had twice as much as I usually do (and felt 'like crap' afterwards).
My cousin's the big eater in the family, and for once, he wasn't able to clean his plate! (that takes some doing)
ummm...had dinner with my bro and his gf at Amaroni's (italiano baby...wanted francais but no choice haha...everywhere's booked)

let's see...had
clam chowder soup
caesar salad (w/ dressing aside...hate dressing)
seafood angel hair noodles
tirimisu******

:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending