The Student Room Group

PWC Flying Start Accountancy 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manya Bhandari
I am an international student and am confused between Reading and Nottingham, it would be great to know reasons why people are choosing one over the other :smile:

I’m not sure academically which ones better you might have to check the accounting league tables for that, but nottingham is definitely more of a party uni compared to reading and a lot more social so it depends what you’re looking for. Hope this helps!
I am an international student and am confused between Reading and Nottingham, it would be great to know reasons why people are choosing one over the other :smile:

from ur name im assuming u are brown lol but then I would recommend Nottingham as Reading is less diverse but Nottingham would have lots of brown people etc so you are more likely to meet similar people :smile:
Has anyone created a Newcastle Snapchat group chat ?

Nottingham is very diverse and has a lot of other international students as well which you may prefer. The business school is well respected (for both universities) but from what I've heard nottingham night life is very goodl! When I was deciding where to apply, the Nottingham uni itself appealed to me more as I preferred the city as well as the nottingham campus. I also really liked the societies available such as yoga, band, bollywood dance, religious societies etc. Personally I think if your coming from international would recommend Notts but definitely check out reading as well as its all personal preference really x
Has anyone received an email or an offer through ucas for the Nottingham flying start course?

Hey @Manya Bhandari,

It can be really hard picking between universities. Whilst I personally don't study the flying start programme, Jo does and you can chat with her further about the benefits of studying at the University of Reading. In addition, she recently completed her 3-month placement at PwC so it might be useful to speak to her about what it is like.

However, you might find this interesting. Reading uni though has a fantastic business school - Henly Business School. Henley Business School flying start programme is fantastic as it offers placements. Also if the student gains a 2:1 and is impressive they may be awarded a graduate offer with PwC.

In Reading, we have a gorgeous green campus that is a short 25 min walk away from Reading town centre. The reading town is great as the train station has fantastic links across the country. I have also found the careers support to be excellent. I've personally completed the RED award, thrive mentoring and 1 to 1 career advisor sessions which have been really useful when applying to placements etc.

I hope this helps and feel free to let us know if you have any questions!
From,

Amina 😊
Original post by Saady123
Has anyone received an email or an offer through ucas for the Nottingham flying start course?

I got in touch with PwC on Friday and they said we should expect to hear from Nottingham over the coming days! Don't worry - I haven't received either!
thank you all very much for the help !!

Hi Manya
Generally speaking Reading would be more expensive than Nottingham. Having been to both places I would say Nottingham is a nicer place. But if you really want to be near London then obviously Reading is better.
I have not been succeeded in the last stage of PwC assessments is there a chance that I get an offer from Manchester in the normal accounting and finance course?
Original post by Dan Silverman
I got in touch with PwC on Friday and they said we should expect to hear from Nottingham over the coming days! Don't worry - I haven't received either!

Cheers buddy!
Reply 791
Original post by Ht_445
Making a Manchester snap gc for flying start lmk if you wanan join

leharr6123
thank you:smile:
Reply 792
Original post by lr917
sure, anyone who wants to join a nottingham chat drop your snaps and i’ll add

leharr6123

thank you:smile:
Original post by Lightt
yh

Can you add me to reading gc kaidid499
Original post by Ht_445
Making a Manchester snap gc for flying start lmk if you wanan join

Can you add me please @adam.joel123
Original post by anonymous55532
For anyone who has offers to go to Newcastle drop Snapchats and I’ll create a gc

Hi, could u add me pls, michaeldaniel66
Has anyone also got an apprenticeship offer from PWC? I’m undecided which to do. I have offers from Manchester and Nottingham for Flying Start and also an apprenticeship with PWC 😬
Reply 797
has anyone heard/know when the Nottingham offer holder event is
Reply 798
Is there a reading Pwc flying start group chat on Snapchat ?
Original post by lllooo
has anyone heard/know when the Nottingham offer holder event is

nope, no news yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending