The Student Room Group

Why can't I find any accountancy/legal apprenticeships? just endless business!

Perhaps it's different in other cities. In mine I only see business apprenticeships.

Perhaps the normal uni route is respected more for these topics.
Original post by moomin valley
Perhaps it's different in other cities. In mine I only see business apprenticeships.

Yes, the university route is much more established and has a higher reputation that apprenticeships (currently, that will change). Business apprenticeships are much easier to put on, more flexible and frankly easy to get cheap work done. Because law and accounting are both heavily controlled sectors (because you are giving people critical advice) then apprenticeships are much more rigorous and require some serious investment by the business.

There are very valid reasons to go for a finance or legal apprenticeship, but you will have to look further and harder to find them. Though they should also be higher quality.
Original post by moomin valley

Hi there,

One accountancy apprenticeship is PWC however you have to apply to this via UCAS.

I'd recommend using these websites to help you find an accountancy/legal apprenticeship:
Rate My Apprenticeship
Gov.uk Find An Apprenticeship
UCAS Career Finder tool

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions
Reply 3
Original post by apprentinsideryt
Hi there,

One accountancy apprenticeship is PWC however you have to apply to this via UCAS.

I'd recommend using these websites to help you find an accountancy/legal apprenticeship:
Rate My Apprenticeship
Gov.uk Find An Apprenticeship
UCAS Career Finder tool

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions

Just as a note - 'apprenticeship' is not a protected term so there can be some confusion, however within normal use of words the accounting apprenticeships at PWC are not applied for through UCAS.

There are university courses (Flying Start) in accounting which are run in coordination with PWC where as well as the degree there are periods of work in blocks. These are not really degree apprenticeships (again - based on normal use of the term) as you still pay fees and only receive a salary when working for the firm. [Note: I think the PWC Flying Start degree for Computing at Leeds has a different funding system].

PWC also off apprenticeships for post A level applicants which can be applied for through their website.

Should someone wish to look for apprenticeships with large accounting firms its probably best to google 'top 50 accounting firms UK'- make a list and go to each website. They will pretty much all have apprenticeship schemes. I struggle to believe that there are many parts of the country without at least a few accounting apprenticeships available to apply for.
Reply 4
I'm having the opposite problem - loads of accountancy (local firms) and tech apprenticeships and very few business! What companies have you seen advertised?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending