The Student Room Group

Help with Physics (Please)

A certain quantity of ice requires 10.0 J to warm it to melting temperature. It then requires 100 J to melt it. Calculate the initial temperature of the ice in degrees, C, assuming no heat loss to the surroundings.Initial Temperature = -16.5 CThe water at freezing point in the previous question (above) is then heated using a further 100 J. What is its final temperature?Please could you help me with the second part of the question. Much Appreciated.
Original post by Kitten261002
A certain quantity of ice requires 10.0 J to warm it to melting temperature. It then requires 100 J to melt it. Calculate the initial temperature of the ice in degrees, C, assuming no heat loss to the surroundings.Initial Temperature = -16.5 CThe water at freezing point in the previous question (above) is then heated using a further 100 J. What is its final temperature?Please could you help me with the second part of the question. Much Appreciated.

You know the specific heat capacity of ice, water, and its latent heat of fusion. From the latter, calculate the mass of ice. Then use that to answer the question.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by RogerOxon
You know the specific heat capacity of ice, water, and its latent heat of fusion. From the latter, calculate the mass of ice. Then use that to answer the question.

Thank you so much.

I've just seen this now. LOL finished my exams now. But I ended up solving the question in the end anyways.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Latest