The Student Room Group

Advice after A-Level mocks

Hi all,

First time posting here. I’m looking for some advice on preparing for A-Levels. I take Maths, FM, Physics and Computer Science, and I’ve pretty much just flunked my mocks. I don’t know a lot of the content for FM and Year 2 Physics, as well as a lot of Computer Science. Getting a little bit worried, so hopefully someone might be able to help me out.

I need to get A* in Maths and As in my other subjects. Does anyone have any advice? In the past I’ve done timetabling and things like that to get through all of my revision, but as there’s also a bunch of content to learn, do you think that this is still suitable?

Many thanks!
- a tired year 13 student
Original post by koem
Hi all,
First time posting here. I’m looking for some advice on preparing for A-Levels. I take Maths, FM, Physics and Computer Science, and I’ve pretty much just flunked my mocks. I don’t know a lot of the content for FM and Year 2 Physics, as well as a lot of Computer Science. Getting a little bit worried, so hopefully someone might be able to help me out.
I need to get A* in Maths and As in my other subjects. Does anyone have any advice? In the past I’ve done timetabling and things like that to get through all of my revision, but as there’s also a bunch of content to learn, do you think that this is still suitable?
Many thanks!
- a tired year 13 student
Hi,

I know it might feel like the end of the world and you'll be feeling disheartened but please don't worry. There is still time for you to learn the content and increase your grades.

Having studied Maths and Computer Science at A-level, I learnt the content and then completed as many past papers as I could find. I used physics and maths tutor a lot as they provide flashcards, questions with answers, topic documents etc. and found this really helpful! If you would like more details on what I used please feel free to ask - I got an A in Computer Science.

If you found timetabling worked for you in the past then I recommend you continue to use this method which you are familiar with and must have worked in the past rather than picking a different method which may not work. If you are worried about covering the content then having the structure from the timetable which you can use to monitor progress and check you're on track would be the best thing to do - so long as you actually follow the timetable :lol:

Hope this helps, Ella
Reply 2
Thanks so much Ella, that’s very helpful. I’m going to make a list of topics and I’ll try to follow it best that I can.

Quick Reply

Latest