Stir fry
steak
chili con carne
roast vegetables
ratatouille
grilled salmon steaks

anything really.
Reply 42
curry. buy some meat, peppers and a curry sauce thats on offer, max 1£. Fry it all together with an onion 400g of chicken, whole jar of sauce, 4 meals right there.
spag bowl.
Chilli con carne.
Pizza.
Str fry
or a pie.
Mr brother had this thing of microwaving cheese on bread. I think that's even faster than toast!
Reply 44
This thread is making me hungry and I've only had porridge an hour ago:frown:
Jaibs
Spot on! Im taking my toastie machine to uni! feast on that people! simple yet affective and tastes bloody good!

Same! its a cow shaped toastie machine, and it moos I think... lol... but yeah tis cheap cos bread is relatively cheap (just buy the basic stuff from sainsbury/asda/supermarket)
lol how will you guys live on bread and pasta for 3 months?
prospectivEEconomist
lol how will you guys live on bread and pasta for 3 months?

quite easily :biggrin: well I will, I'm not a particulary fussy eater, I could probably survive the whole year, but there will probably be some variations of sauces/fruit/veg used so it doesn't get boring.
I saw this microwave omlette container in Morrisons yesterday. It's basically a plastic half-moon shaped dish with a lid. You're supposed to put in the egg, microwave, stir a bit, microwave some more, add the filling and microwave again, an voila omlette!
Cheese and potatoe pie! Basically mashed potatoes with grated cheese melted in the mash and on top of it. Then get yourself some baked beans!
Reply 50
I'd definitely recommend fresh vegetables and meat, and the various sauces that are available. Fairly healthy, very tasty and pretty quick meals. You can do sweet and sour chicken, spagetti bolognese, chilli con carne and similar fairly easily that way. The sauces do make it easy, but do taste great and can be done nice and quickly. There's also pasta based meals, sausages and mash, soup (surprisingly filling) and of course, bacon and eggs is always good and fairly quick to do too. Stock up on meat and freeze it if you need to so it'll keep and it's there when you need it. Plus, getting some big bags of rice and pasta at the beginning is cheap, but they will also last you well.
are potatoes quite cheap to live off? cos there's so many ways of cooking them, I don't think its possible to get bored of them
Rice isn't cheap anymore. I think it's double the price now, which is terrible because it's my staple food.

I always like mashed potatoes with egg. While mashing the potatoes, stir in some egg and then fry it up. It's even better if you mix in chillies - I can eat a whole lot - maybe 4 potatoes, in one go!
beautiful sunrise
Rice isn't cheap anymore. I think it's double the price now, which is terrible because it's my staple food.

I always like mashed potatoes with egg. While mashing the potatoes, stir in some egg and then fry it up. It's even better if you mix in chillies - I can eat a whole lot - maybe 4 potatoes, in one go!

Do you live in africa? :p:
Lasagne :love:
sandwish.
well i know how to cook chinese quite well(since i am chinese) but i won't have the money to buy the ingredients and spices, stupid inflation and cheap parents lol(living on a loan).
Welsh Rarebit (Cheese on toast but with added scrambled egg)
Chicken breasts cooked in a jar of sauce
Meat Balls
Reply 57
I agree with stir fry too.

Also Salad with jacket potato, some cold meats on the side and some scotch eggs (which you can easily home make.. just boil some eggs, cover the eggs in milk, get some richmond sausages and peel off the skin, rap the sausage around the egg, put some bread crums on it and then put in the deep fryer for like 10 minutes or so.. and voila!)

Get a big baguette from a supermarket (usually pretty reasonably priced), cut open the baguette, pour a whole tin of spaghetti into the baguette, top with grated cheese and put under the grill until it looks tasty! lol.

Pasta mixed with either the tinned sauces you can buy (sometimes quite expensive though unless you go to cheap supermarkets like lidl) or mix up your own sauce with tomato puree and herbs.

Typical fry up... chips (could be oven chips... even easier than frying! lol), bacon, eggs, sausages and fryed bread with some mushrooms and beans. Easy!

Cereal for breakfast... cheap and easy, 1 minute job! lol.

Beans and cheese on toast.

Mashed potato, vegetables and sausages or something vegetarian if you're a vegetarian (like vegetarian burger).

Curry... just get some mince and curry powder or sauce, and cook some rice (you can even get boil in the bag rice, which is easier than normal rice to cook).

Chicken and potato.

Pot noodle lol. Pizza. (These 2 are last resorts lol, as they aren't particularly healthy!)
Sazzy890
I agree with stir fry too.

Also Salad with jacket potato, some cold meats on the side and some scotch eggs (which you can easily home make.. just boil some eggs, cover the eggs in milk, get some richmond sausages and peel off the skin, rap the sausage around the egg, put some bread crums on it and then put in the deep fryer for like 10 minutes or so.. and voila!)

Get a big baguette from a supermarket (usually pretty reasonably priced), cut open the baguette, pour a whole tin of spaghetti into the baguette, top with grated cheese and put under the grill until it looks tasty! lol.

Pasta mixed with either the tinned sauces you can buy (sometimes quite expensive though unless you go to cheap supermarkets like lidl) or mix up your own sauce with tomato puree and herbs.

Typical fry up... chips (could be oven chips... even easier than frying! lol), bacon, eggs, sausages and fryed bread with some mushrooms and beans. Easy!

Cereal for breakfast... cheap and easy, 1 minute job! lol.

Beans and cheese on toast.

Mashed potato, vegetables and sausages or something vegetarian if you're a vegetarian (like vegetarian burger).

Curry... just get some mince and curry powder or sauce, and cook some rice (you can even get boil in the bag rice, which is easier than normal rice to cook).

Chicken and potato.

Pot noodle lol. Pizza. (These 2 are last resorts lol, as they aren't particularly healthy!)

Wow that sounds gross.
Reply 59
prospectivEEconomist
Wow that sounds gross.

It sounds it, but its delicious! :biggrin: its basically like having spaghetti on toast, but its grilled and has cheese on top (and its in a baguette not on normal bread so its more filling).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending