The Student Room Group

MET Detective Constable Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ambbarrie
Thank you so much! I've tried to PM you but it won’t let me as I’ve just made an account! I will try again and see if it will let me :smile:

Sent you a PM - hope you can at least see it :smile:
Reply 621
Hey guys so I received the start date in the end 7th of June too! Super excited!
Hi all, for all those who have been given a May start date and was sent a Babcock initial assessment to take - have you sent in your Maths GCSE certificate to be exempt from the assessment?

Curious as to whether you're only exempt from the Maths or for all of them?

Also, what does 'LS' stand for (from the assessments given)?
Original post by avatarkorraaa
Hi all, for all those who have been given a May start date and was sent a Babcock initial assessment to take - have you sent in your Maths GCSE certificate to be exempt from the assessment?

Further to this, do we have to do a maths test at the start of our training?

I believe you have to do the assessment, just for there knowledge and if you may need extra academic help at the uni. It said when you started the babcok assessment that we will not be marked for this and that it will not be affecting our application.
Original post by Ivzz007
I believe you have to do the assessment, just for there knowledge and if you may need extra academic help at the uni. It said when you started the babcok assessment that we will not be marked for this and that it will not be affecting our application.

Thanks for sharing this :smile:
Original post by Ivzz007

Thanks v much for replying :-)
There is no mention of this but, is there a dress code for the uniform fitting? I was planning on just going in jeans and a top but is that too informal, or am I overthinking this?
There is no mention of this but, is there a dress code for the uniform fitting? I was planning on just going in jeans and a top but is that too informal, or am I overthinking this?

It says on the welcome pack, that on the first day you have to come suited and booted.
Original post by Ivzz007
It says on the welcome pack, that on the first day you have to come suited and booted.

Oh good, thanks :smile:

What about before then, for the uniform fitting at Belvedere?

I was just going to go informal...it takes an hour, they’re just taking measurements I think! When is yours?
Original post by Sekhmet89
I was just going to go informal...it takes an hour, they’re just taking measurements I think! When is yours?

That's what I was thinking tbh. They do put an emphasis on dressing smart though so I thought I should ask :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
That's what I was thinking tbh. They do put an emphasis on dressing smart though so I thought I should ask :smile:
Mines on Wednesday, when's yours?

I’m weds 28th if that’s what you mean! Maybe I’ll go in office wear Just in case!
Oh good, thanks :smile:

What about before then, for the uniform fitting at Belvedere?

Oh apologies, I thought you meant for the first day. So for the uniform fitting, you can wear anything you’re comfortable in. They only measure you for a vest and harness
Original post by Ivzz007
Oh apologies, I thought you meant for the first day. So for the uniform fitting, you can wear anything you’re comfortable in. They only measure you for a vest and harness

That's great, thanks so much for your help :smile:
Reply 635
Original post by Babyyodaa
Anyone had their Day 2 results back recently? If so, how long did it take? Thanks

I actually got mine back relatively recently. Completed it on the 22nd of Jan and got the results on the 12th April.
Reply 636
Hey, I just realised I received an email from the recruitment team under Job Related Fitness Test Advice.

Has anyone else received this at this stage? Im still undergoing vetting.
Original post by danyval
Hey, I just realised I received an email from the recruitment team under Job Related Fitness Test Advice.

Has anyone else received this at this stage? Im still undergoing vetting.

Yes received it today. Just advice I think in case we get a start date. I think you’re further on than me and I have a medical hold at the mo, so I don’t think it’s a confirmation of getting the job or anything or they wouldn’t be sending it to me!
Reply 638
Original post by Lolalee
Yes received it today. Just advice I think in case we get a start date. I think you’re further on than me and I have a medical hold at the mo, so I don’t think it’s a confirmation of getting the job or anything or they wouldn’t be sending it to me!

ok good to know, thanks! I was getting my hopes up haha
Hi guys

I have my Day 2 Assessment centre coming up and wondered what the best way to prepare for it was? I've been studying the competencies but is there anything else I should be preparing for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending