The Student Room Group

A-level maths or physics

Hello!I am currently in Year 11 and having to decide A-level subjects.I want to be a orthodontist/dentist when I'm older so I need to take Chemistry and Biology and then have a choice between Physics and Maths. I love both of these subjects so I want to know: Which is easier? Which is the most work? Which was more enjoyable? Which is better suited to dentistry? Which would be easier to get a higher grade in? Which goes better with Chemistry and Biology?Thanks
I don’t take physics but I take maths and know a lot of people who take sciences.
Most people who take sciences either take chemistry and biology together or physics and chemistry, they seem to be very distinct groups from what I can tell, and I don’t know anyone who does all three sciences.
There is a lot of physics involved in maths (the mechanics side of the course covers Newton’s laws and kinematics etc) so if you are interested in both, both would be covered in maths.
Also, I think maths relates a lot to chemistry, so I would recommend maths over physics. If you are studying dentistry I don’t think physics would have very much to do with it, whereas maths seems to complement most subjects, especially sciences 😊
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Smouncher
I don’t take physics but I take maths and know a lot of people who take sciences.
Most people who take sciences either take chemistry and biology together or physics and chemistry, they seem to be very distinct groups from what I can tell, and I don’t know anyone who does all three sciences.
There is a lot of physics involved in maths (the mechanics side of the course covers Newton’s laws and kinematics etc) so if you are interested in both, both would be covered in maths.
Also, I think maths relates a lot to chemistry, so I would recommend maths over physics. If you are studying dentistry I don’t think physics would have very much to do with it, whereas maths seems to complement most subjects, especially sciences 😊

Thank you for the quick- that's really useful information :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest