The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Im with TSB, my new debit card is plastered in the 2012 olympics logo, if they start putting howards face on it too, they'll be trouble!
inferiormadbeing
:zomg:

What's going to happen to Howard!!! :eek4:

Check out The Times today page 45 and the cartoon sums it all up. :smile:
Reply 22
I imagine that the separate banks will keep their individual identities, with some increased co-operation between them. Even with the HBOS thing, the two banks are essentially separate companies, and have kept their individual brands to some extent.

Most bank takeovers go by unnoticed. Did anyone notice or care in 2000 when the Royal Bank of Scotland took over NatWest?
As said above, I think they'll keep their separate identities, and will be run as brands. A bit like when superdrug took over savers a few months ago.
Or maybe they'll jiggle it about a bit, and do what HBOS is doing atm (in england and wales, Halifax as the comsumer part, and bank of scotland for the business part.)

I'm with Halifax for my student account, but unless they end up changing the student account, I see no reason to move.
Reply 24
Anyone noticed how "Llyods TSB HBOS" is an anagram of "Blobs Holds Sty"
Reply 25
Yea thats what I'm thinking, like Natwest......Royal Bank of Scotland own them but they keep their idenities separate......It would be hard to covert all Halifax branches into Lloyds branches...nevermind the cost of doing it.

I suppose this ones soo big because of whats happening to the banks in USA. ''Whos going to go under next?'' And Halifax is Britain's biggest mortage lender and together they will combine to have more than 25% market share = monopoly. The government will be so happy they dont have to bail Halifax out.

I thought Howard was fired???

Made me laugh when I saw the logo....maybe Howard will be hired again, in the future??
Been with Halifax since I was a baby (yep 22 years) and im not moving - can't be bothered tbh.
Reply 27
WTF is Howard??
Reply 28
SillyFencer
WTF is Howard??

The bald, dancing black man aff the telly. He gets disturbingly excited by interest rates and 'giving you extra' (by which, I assume he is referring to his ******).
Well my dad in his wisdom moved all our savings from whatever bank they were in, to Halifax, the day before it went tits up :rolleyes: not his best move to be fair. And he used to work in banking :s-smilie:

So yes, I'm sticking with halifax. fun stuff.
heh, im with lloyds but i had totally forgotten i had an ISA with halifax, logged into my internet banking yesterday when there was all that stuff in the news and found 320 quid :biggrin:
They should call the new company Lloydsifax TSBOS plc.
Reply 32
Personal finance is secure - everyone chill.

But the ****** has hit the fan www.renegadeeconomist.com Have a look at this site.
i like Lloyds TSB :^_^:

:ninja:
Reply 34
L i b
The bald, dancing black man aff the telly. He gets disturbingly excited by interest rates and 'giving you extra' (by which, I assume he is referring to his ******).

OMG, I hate him!
My mortgage is with Halifax. Slightly concerned about that at the moment.
I remember when TSB merged with lloyds..infact it was the reason why i moved down too bristol, as my dad was part of the team involved..was very big..however once it was over he lost his job, soooooo....
I'm with HBOS, and I don't particularly like Lloyds. I won't be moving in the near future though. I actually doubt that they'll keep their own identities. If a town as an HBOS, it will more than likely have a Lloyds and so they will end up scrapping one of the branches, sadly. Their banking licences will probably merge too so that they only have one entry in the FSA.
SillyFencer
What a title for a bank, imagine saying that on a night out "I'm just popping off to the Lloyds TSB Halifax Bank Of Scotland cash machine..."

But, seriously, I'm with HBOS, and now I want out. I want nothing more to do with Lloyds TSB since the time I banked with them. Their call staff are rude, their collection centre staff are aggressive and their methods of working are just plain wrong! Oh yeah, and they closed my accounts.

Any other HBOS customers planning to bank elsewhere now?
I'm with HBOS, I wont be moving though coz my mate works there and its handy for getting funds transferred between accounts. He can also do magic tricks where he makes bank charges disappear.:eek: :p:
Reply 39
George Agdgdgwngo
I'm with HBOS, I wont be moving though coz my mate works there and its handy for getting funds transferred between accounts. He can also do magic tricks where he makes bank charges disappear.:eek: :p:

Yeah, I have a mate like that too in HBOS. It's ace!

Latest

Trending

Trending