The Student Room Group

English Language Mocks

I'm aiming for a 7 for my mocks. What are the best ways to annotate and review power and conflict and on how to revise An Inspector Calls? I just want revision sources and tips in general.
for aic i made quote banks and character mindmaps but the most effective way to revise for english lit is doing lots of practice essays. obviously, to write decent ones you need to be confident with the text you're talking about. do revision little and often.
i made a table of notes for each poem where i would focus on different things like context, method, themes (and what other poems it could be compared to!) and learnt about 4/5 quotes per poem. i also made some comparison plans and found these really useful to help me think about how i could link the poems to one another- i can send you an example of what one of them looked like if you wish :smile:
Original post by absolutelysprout
for aic i made quote banks and character mindmaps but the most effective way to revise for english lit is doing lots of practice essays. obviously, to write decent ones you need to be confident with the text you're talking about. do revision little and often.
i made a table of notes for each poem where i would focus on different things like context, method, themes (and what other poems it could be compared to!) and learnt about 4/5 quotes per poem. i also made some comparison plans and found these really useful to help me think about how i could link the poems to one another- i can send you an example of what one of them looked like if you wish :smile:

yes that would help
Original post by Injera2Ravツ
yes that would help

:smile:
Flashcards
Original post by absolutelysprout
:smile:

Do you think i should use youtubers like Mr Bruff to analyse and annotate my poems?
Original post by Injera2Ravツ
Do you think i should use youtubers like Mr Bruff to analyse and annotate my poems?

i don't see why you shouldn't :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest