The Student Room Group

idea of grad and workign 40hrs is depressing to me no holidays, free time, no life :(

So I am really worried about graduating firstly because I feel like bad stuff will happen but thats just my anxiety. Then another issue is that I have had prev jobs where I have been made to feel stupid because I was new. It really affected me. I just have had bad experiences considering I am completely non problematic and mind my own business. Sometimes its the manager sometimes co workers being unecessarily rude. So thats an issue. Now one of the scarier ones is that I am free now as in I have uni only 3 times a week and a lot of free time to do whatever. the idea of comitting myself to 40hrs is truly depressing. No christmas/spring or summer holidays. I really want to travel in the future and with just two weeks off is not enough :frown:Its really making me depressed. I saw a similar post of a graduate describing how it is to work 40hrs and it has depressed me. Sounds horrible.Someone replied saying that this is not the case if you gain satisfaction and like your job. WHich I didnt think abotu (just goes to show my negative thinking). How was it for you?, is it that bad?, do you get into the routine and its not that hard or serious? what are your thoughts
Original post by Anonymous
So I am really worried about graduating firstly because I feel like bad stuff will happen but thats just my anxiety. Then another issue is that I have had prev jobs where I have been made to feel stupid because I was new. It really affected me. I just have had bad experiences considering I am completely non problematic and mind my own business. Sometimes its the manager sometimes co workers being unecessarily rude. So thats an issue. Now one of the scarier ones is that I am free now as in I have uni only 3 times a week and a lot of free time to do whatever. the idea of comitting myself to 40hrs is truly depressing. No christmas/spring or summer holidays. I really want to travel in the future and with just two weeks off is not enough :frown:Its really making me depressed. I saw a similar post of a graduate describing how it is to work 40hrs and it has depressed me. Sounds horrible.Someone replied saying that this is not the case if you gain satisfaction and like your job. WHich I didnt think abotu (just goes to show my negative thinking). How was it for you?, is it that bad?, do you get into the routine and its not that hard or serious? what are your thoughts

You can become a freelancer or self-employed and only take up jobs when you feel like it.
Btw the basic annual leave is 28 days (including bank holidays) for full time workers in the UK.
It ain't that bad.

Being at uni does give you the luxury of time to do a lot of things that are difficult to schedule around a full time job and it's a bit of a shame if you don't take advantage of it while you can.

Quick Reply

Latest