The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol application on hold

Scroll to see replies

Original post by remymarsh12
I was put on hold for politics and IR in December, and my desperation has turned into negativity, and I just feel like I'll be rejected. Bristol is my definitely going to my firm and I'm very likely to meet the requirements.

If it's being on hold you're worried about, I don't think you need to be. 2 people I know applied for Geography and got theirs back in the same like 2 hours. I assume they do them by subject as me and my friend also applied for politics and haven't heard anything back yet. It's just a matter of patience it seems!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Do you think if I meet the requirements I should get in?
Original post by remymarsh12
Do you think if I meet the requirements I should get in?

Well obviously it's hard to determine what Unis are actually looking for or how competitive a course is. However, being on hold hasn't affected your chances. If you meet the requirements and have a strong Personal Statement, you should be as optimistic as when you were applying!
Hiiiiiii. I've been on hold for English and German Law since November ya'll. The wait is killing me. I got an offer to study Jurisprudence at Oxford, but still waiting on Bristol. I'm hoping if they reject me from English and German Law, I'll be offered the LLB? I don't know if anyone knows about this????
same !! i've seen a few from this course on hold! do you have any updates yet?

Original post by Alexxhewitt
I’m still on hold from 13/12/2020 for psychology and neuroscience 😅🥲

me!
I took A Level business, Biology and psychology. Those are just the subjects that I enjoyed. I’m not really sure what I want to do at university but I am leaning towards biology/ business management. I was concerned that I would not be good enough for biology, especially considering I didn’t take maths, chemistry etc which makes me a weaker candidate. I did quite average in my GCSESs with 2A* and the rest Bs. I am working very hard to get better A levels as I don’t think my GCSEs really reflect my ability as a student. I feel although business degrees are very common and I am not too sure what kind of job I could get with that. I would ideally like to earn a good wage after university and I am willing to work hard to get there. I would really appreciate if anyone had some general advice as to what I should do, aim towards or look into over the next few years. I believe that I am capable of grades AAA or AAB at the end of next year just to give you an idea of where I am at
hi i'm just wondering if anybody recently got another email from bristol about being put on hold? I'm hoping that this would mean that within the next few days I'll get a response, but I'm also just curious as to who else received an email like this.

thanks!
Original post by Libertydd2
hi i'm just wondering if anybody recently got another email from bristol about being put on hold? I'm hoping that this would mean that within the next few days I'll get a response, but I'm also just curious as to who else received an email like this.

thanks!

Hi! I go this too... I'm waiting to hear back Bristol for German & English law and I sent my application in in October - my first thought is that we could be waiting for quite some time. It's just annoying as I've received offers from all my other unis ages ago!
Is anyone still on hold? I was put on hold about two months ago...

thanks!

Yes, I got another email the other day saying that my application was still on hold, its been a few months since I got the original email.
Original post by floracampbell
Yes, I got another email the other day saying that my application was still on hold, its been a few months since I got the original email.

Me too

thanks!

I also just received the same email
I was on hold for about two months before getting an offer.
Original post by Anonymous #2
Yh same here i got my application put on hold for Economics and Politics

Hii, I know it has been 3 years but could u please let me know if u got in ? I applied for the same major and have been on hold twice and I’m dead worrried because it’s my first choice 🥹

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending