The Student Room Group

Beta blockers for anxiety

My doctor has just prescribed me beta blockers to deal with the physical symptoms of my anxiety, I'm happy to try this but slightly worried about the side effects and withdrawals. (I have only been put on a really low dose to start) Has anyone else tried this and does it help?
Original post by Anonymous
My doctor has just prescribed me beta blockers to deal with the physical symptoms of my anxiety, I'm happy to try this but slightly worried about the side effects and withdrawals. (I have only been put on a really low dose to start) Has anyone else tried this and does it help?

ive been prescribed beta blockers for an ongoing illness which anxiety is also a symptom of for 11 years (since a young age) and ive had years where ive been consistent with taking them and years where i have not, i find that for me personally they hadsnt helped but each person is diffetrent and woith different backround reasons so i would suggest that you try it and see how it feels and helps youy.
I'd be inclined not to worry, I get an anti psychotic called risperidone for anxiety, but again i'm on a TINY dose of it, basically occasional off label use. The daunting list of side FX has never troubled me and I can stop/start taking it whenever with no issue... but compare that to someone who is on a constant high or even moderate dose and it's likely to have a much bigger impact on their life. (just my opinion)

Quick Reply

Latest