The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Zapsta
That's apparently irrelevant.

because?
Reply 61
englishstudent
Look, I don't see the point in you creating another account to come back and stir things up again. :confused:

Why don't you think of something worth saying before you start typing away?

I had this account before I got banned - note join date - I don't see how you can comment anyway - you weren't online, or at least you weren;t participating in the thread which caused all this.
Reply 62
Bilal786
Pretty crap moderating if you ask me.

All the chat gets deleted, yet hate fuelled racist comments still stay.

Bilal: those comments were some of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on TSR. I hope I never see those kind of morons again on what is meant to be (I think) an intelligent student forum. I don't see why this has been largely ignored, whilst a few throwaway comments at mods- that, let's be honest, weren't in any way malicious- are debated as if of grave importance.
411?
yeah well. :biggrin:

where is the shout box now?
englishstudent
Look, I don't see the point in you creating another account to come back and stir things up again. :confused:

As I aked in another one of these threads - does this place have a "no posting while banned" clause? Because if it does, her other name should have been banned permanently and this new one banned also...
Speciez99
because?
well recently anything with the word mod in it has been removed
Reply 66
Speciez99
because?

Because my perfectly articulate, inoffensive threads have been deleted, far too quickly for their content to have been read. I'm assuming this to be because they were started by me.
can someone tell me what happened intially in a reasonably objective fashion to start all of this off (ie not, then our innocent thread about teddy bears got deleted by the big nasty mods)
Reply 68
Speciez99
can someone tell me what happened intially in a reasonably objective fashion to start all of this off (ie not, then our innocent thread about teddy bears got deleted by the big nasty mods)

Tinykates started a thread asking people who they'd ban if they were a mod.
Zapsta
Because my perfectly articulate, inoffensive threads have been deleted, far too quickly for their content to have been read. I'm assuming this to be because they were started by me.

because its spam
Reply 70
Speciez99
because its spam

How do you know if it was deleted too quickly for you to read it? I can assure you, it was not.
Speciez99
because its spam

so Zapstas thread was spam? what did it say seeing as you think that way? You must have read it
Toy Soldier
As I aked in another one of these threads - does this place have a "no posting while banned" clause? Because if it does, her other name should have been banned permanently and this new one banned also...

If I were Rushda I'd have left by now.

I think that a lot of you are ungrateful shits. :mad: There is no reason why someone who spends their time making this place better for you should face such abuse. It's sick and although this is just the internet you can still hurt people. Think about it.

Adam
Reply 73
It was New Years day, it was New Years Eve last night, people including the mods are all going to be very tired.
englishstudent

I think that a lot of you are ungrateful shits. :mad: There is no reason why someone who spends their time making this place better for you should face such abuse. It's sick and although this is just the internet you can still hurt people. Think about it.

Adam

maybe you should understand the problem before adding your 2 cents in and insulting people? No one is saying spam should stay on the boards
Reply 75
englishstudent
There is no reason why someone who spends their time making this place better for you should face such abuse.

Who's that then?
englishstudent

Adam

Rubbish there are loads of people who can do the job well on here like Lord H and Mr.White. They are clever enough to realise what is right and wrong. IF Rushda cannot take the pressure she should get out of the kitchen. It is not our fault she cannot hack dealing with problems properly. Rushda is a nice person but clearly will never make any sort of a manager.
Zapsta
Who's that then?
can you pm me the shoutbox info? url and pw? cheers
Reply 78
englishstudent

Adam

This is highly abusive and imho WORSE than spam. I have reported it.
amazingtrade
It was New Years day, it was New Years Eve last night, people including the mods are all going to be very tired.

Which is why I could never be a mod. I'd log on one day and think to myself "Why has every post in general chat been deleted? And why has everyone including myself been banned?" then realise that I'd staggered home, put a pizza in the oven, come on the internet and giggled like a school girl whilst clicking buttons.

You're right. The mods do have a tough job. "With great power comes great responsibility" and all that jazz.

Latest

Trending

Trending