The Student Room Group

How many grades can I boost in 2/3 months?

Hi, I have around 2 to 3 months till my Feb mocks and I HAVE to get my grades up by then. Here's a rough summary of what I got (for specific subjects):

- chem (higher) = 5
- bio (foundation) = 4
- maths (higher) = 4
- eng lit= 6

I want to do Higher biology but I don't have the grade. So, I'm planning to do both foundation and higher, for the feb mocks. So, What grade do you think I will get if I work hard, for the mocks? Also, I'm struggling on maths revision. I really want a grade 7 for my maths mock on feb. Can you guys give me any tips or advice??? I already have a tutor and everything but I don't know if it's helping me. I'm a very slow learner, so I'm worried and I'm not even sure If I can get into 6th form with these grades. (As, they look at my predicted grades which are very low.) Please Can someone tell me how to revise for maths and english plus give me any good websites?? And give me a rough idea of the grades I should aim for or is it IMPOSSIBLE to earn these grades? It will be much appreciated if someone helps! thanksss <3
Reply 1
Original post by sasha_12
Hi, I have around 2 to 3 months till my Feb mocks and I HAVE to get my grades up by then. Here's a rough summary of what I got (for specific subjects):

- chem (higher) = 5
- bio (foundation) = 4
- maths (higher) = 4
- eng lit= 6

I want to do Higher biology but I don't have the grade. So, I'm planning to do both foundation and higher, for the feb mocks. So, What grade do you think I will get if I work hard, for the mocks? Also, I'm struggling on maths revision. I really want a grade 7 for my maths mock on feb. Can you guys give me any tips or advice??? I already have a tutor and everything but I don't know if it's helping me. I'm a very slow learner, so I'm worried and I'm not even sure If I can get into 6th form with these grades. (As, they look at my predicted grades which are very low.) Please Can someone tell me how to revise for maths and english plus give me any good websites?? And give me a rough idea of the grades I should aim for or is it IMPOSSIBLE to earn these grades? It will be much appreciated if someone helps! thanksss <3

Hi there I think you should look for ur weaknesses in these particular subjects first, and yes u can boost the grades up, so if u can find the weaknesses then start to watch some useful teachers in YouTube for example , the free science lessons guy on YouTube he is so good for the three sciences for all tiers, so my advise is to try and catch up with things u don get and ask ur teachers about how to get that particular grade to do the higher teir, additionally it would be really good to have Christmas holiday to focus on these areas so u can be ready for ur mocks in feb.
Best wishes
anything else, ready to help!
Reply 2
Thank you! and I have already started watching the free science lessons guy on youtube, he is really helpful!
For English lit it is definitely possible!
Practise papers works like a charm!
Some youtubers that are useful to watch are...
Mr. Bruff
Mrs Whelan's English
Mr Salles Teaches English
(see which one you understand the most)

Quick Reply

Latest