The Student Room Group

A-levels - exams 2023

Hii,
So I'm planning to take medicine next year with a gap year.
I have my exams next month in June, i'm taking biology, chemistry, psychology.
I am predicted ABB, but i know my predictions could have been higher as I did not revise at all for mocks last year in Year 12 (I mean zero revision), on which the basis of predictions were.
I did a mock 3 months ago and got C's on all 3 subjects, with limited revision as well.

I have been revising for these upcoming exams. Do you think I'll be able to jump up 2 grades to get A's across all three subjects?
Original post by lavishx
Hii,
I am predicted ABB, but i know my predictions could have been higher as I did not revise at all for mocks last year in Year 12 (I mean zero revision), on which the basis of predictions were.
I did a mock 3 months ago and got C's on all 3 subjects, with limited revision as well.

I have been revising for these upcoming exams. Do you think I'll be able to jump up 2 grades to get A's across all three subjects?

no, you have no chance sorry
Reply 2
if u revise non stop then ye u can do it ignore these ppl saying no chance its definitely doable if u got 3 C's with minimal revision
Original post by lavishx
Hii,

Hi I'm currently a 4th year medical student.. I think you definitely have potential to boost up your grades, especially if you do the work...To be completely transparent, it's not just about grades.. it's about work ethic too, and since you're taking a gap year - you could use that to boost your application too.

Remember there are thousands of students both national and international you're competing with, who will have higher grades and more to show on their application... I'm not trying to put you off, nor am I on the admission committee, but I'd think long and hard whether you have the work ethic to a) get you into medical school, and b) carry you through it. Medicine is very taxing, and as cliche as it is : I do spend most of my day studying :smile: (that's not to say I don't enjoy it)...The content is heavy, and it never seems to end, so if you're finding it hard to stay ontop of revision at A-level standard then maybe another course might suit you better .. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest